• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepperfreak's 4/6/09 Update

It has been awhile since I have posted an update about my pepper plants or my grow room, so I think that now is the best time than ever.

I have spent the last week transplanting all but a few plants, it was a lot harder since I could only keep my bum foot down for short period of time. But, hey...atleast they are all potted up.

April2009017.jpg

I will post better pictures in a day or so, next time I water.

Here is another picture of my grow room. I am so happy that I made this room. It is such a pleasure to have everything centralized and with the insulation, heating it is a breeze.

This is of the work area.

April2009018.jpg

Paul..the room looks fantastic...these are the first pics I have seen of the finished product...sure looks different than it did last year...

great job turning an unused room into something you can enjoy for a long time..

Nice one Mr P a very impressive growing room,just replastering mine to get it ready for later in the year..all the best my friend:)

skealo said:
Looking good!

That grow room looks real nice.

Thank you. It has taken a lot to get the room to where I want it. I still have a few things left to do, but it will have to wait until I'm mended.

moyboy said:
Looking good Paul......

I'm a little jealous of your setup....:lol:

Thanks Moyboy. I'm a little jealous of your grow season over there.

boutros said:
Real nice! Looks like a place you could spend quite a bit of time in. Professional.

Last year I was stuck inside a closet and it drove me nuts, not to mention I out grew that space.

ABurningMouth said:
Me too. That's totally cool.

Thanks...It helps that my wife is very understanding.

AlabamaJack said:
Paul..the room looks fantastic...these are the first pics I have seen of the finished product...sure looks different than it did last year...

great job turning an unused room into something you can enjoy for a long time..

Thanks AJ...I still want to insulate the ceiling and paint/seal the floor. But I can wait to do those things after I'm mended and my plants are all in the ground.

talas said:
Nice one Mr P a very impressive growing room,just replastering mine to get it ready for later in the year..all the best my friend:)

I can't wait to see your setup when it's finish talas. I'm sure it will be great.

Absolutely nothing against what you do for a living, but does anybody else see the irony here when a officer of the law has one of the best designed nicest grow rooms at thehotpepper. Hope the foot is feeling better Paul.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Absolutely nothing against what you do for a living, but does anybody else see the irony here when a officer of the law has one of the best designed nicest grow rooms at thehotpepper. Hope the foot is feeling better Paul.

Not ironic. He was a smart cop (hehehehe, those two words just don't seem to fit together :hell: ) that took notes whenever he raided a pot grower's place for a bust. :lol:

LMAO...You guys are killing me.

Thanks for the compliment PPF. After squeezing into the closet that I used last year, I vowed that I would never have to bang my head again in my quest for growing peppers. And...the guys at work ALL tease me about my 'grow operation' especially since they have seen just about all of the pictures that you guys have. I keep telling them they are all welcome to have some samples...:lol: There are only 2 others that are chili-heads that really appreciate what I bring in.

Pepperfreak said:
There are only 2 others that are chili-heads that really appreciate what I bring in.

You just need to perfect the Bhut Jolokia Donut and you'll have all of them begging for more! :lol: J/K - sweet setup.

bigt said:
You just need to perfect the Bhut Jolokia Donut and you'll have all of them begging for more! :lol: J/K - sweet setup.

Humm...That could be interesting. In fact, I was thinking that the Hab-Raspberry Jelly that I made would be great as a filler for a jelly filled donut. :lol:

trinicoolieboy said:
nice job!!!!

by chance.......what is the name of the supplier of the pro-mix you use?(seen in the pic)

I get my Pro-Mix from a local store, which I think might be a chain, AgLand Co-Op.

I can just see all your work mates coming screaming down the road with sirens roaring, coming to a skidding stop, all run out of the cars and into the house.....Get to the basement........draw weapons....

they yell: TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE PEPPERS!!!!!!

:lol:

moyboy said:
I can just see all your work mates coming screaming down the road with sirens roaring, coming to a skidding stop, all run out of the cars and into the house.....Get to the basement........draw weapons....

they yell: TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE PEPPERS!!!!!!

:lol:

THEY'RE MINE!!! YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!

: throws a bunch of Bhuts in his mouth and starts to chew :

Back