vendor pepperlover.com

I ordered my seeds through Judy after doing quite a bit of searching around. Her selection is excellent, the order shipped quickly and without errors, the prices are reasonable, and included in my order were 3 free gifts of seeds, including the rare Trinidad Scorpion Mourouga. Overall, I was more than happy with my experience and plan on doing future business with pepperlover.com. In fact, the only quibble I have, and it's a minor one, is that there were some grammatical and spelling errors on the website, which is less than stellar, but I'm not buying the website so I really don't care personally, just thought I'd mention it playing devil's advocate.

Thanks Judy!!

Received this surprise gift from Judy. Outstanding!

IMAG0523.jpg

In my opinion ? 

You can do no better than getting your seeds from the Jooooders over at Pepperlover.com

Great prices, REAL nice variety and dedication to the 7 pot cultivars (I would have said varieties but I already used that one).

TOPS on service.  

Seeds for me have ALWAYS been EXACTLY what I ordered.  couple bonus seeds but 100% or CLOSE to 100% germination for me.

remember some Chinense can take 70 to 90 days to germinate, so - never throw them out, give them time, but I usually get germination in first 14 days.

What more can I say ? Than I've had the greatest customer satisfaction with pepperlover.com  

I don't think Judy realizes it-  but in MY humble opinion ? She's #1 in the world.  I don't think there will be a single negative remark in all 400 replies to this thread.  

Judy runs a family driven operation from what I can tell, that really makes me feel good because it's a wonderful model.  

Keep an eye out for her specials, while I am quite content with what I buy from her on pods ? I am ALWAYS seeing her in the classifieds section giving things away to people who want to try new things or participate in some fun challenges/games.   I think the last one was simply guess what the pod is - and bammo - she sends it out to you.

Trying to avoid hierarchy here ? So, even though I'd say Judy is #1 ? I'll say- with the Jooooders it's simply as GOOD AS IT GETS. 

Hmm- it's almost time to order again, it's winter here soon !  THIS year, i'm going to start in December !
meinchoh said:
I'm saving up my pennies, Judy! Another week and I'll be ordering from you...I'll have to arm myself with a dehydrator by then  :)
Meinchoh - may I suggest higher temps than a dehydrator ? 

Some people say higher temps take away the capsaicin, I disagree.

I asked Jim Duffy and he said he did 185  if I recall, to kill all bacteria etc.  Me ? I go Two Fitty - for about 4 to 6 hours.   Even my yellow morugas come out quite dark ? not burnt - just dark.

Guaranteed safe - and ? super light as in crunch.  What I find that's neat is - the heat isn't there instantly, but boy oh boy does it show up PLUS a slight smokey flavor because of the heat.

I ALSO suggest spending $19.95 on a tiny toaster over than CAN go down to 175 if you want, and put it OUTSIDE heh... 

The smell !

Just dedicate that oven to peppers.

Anyway that's where I'm at  - I ALSO now soak my peppers after removing seeds in a heavy salt mash with a few drops of grapefruit seed extract (kills all ecoli - many bacteria- health food stores have it - never ever do straight or apply to skin).  My peppers come out all white crusty looking ? but they will keep for years, and in the case of Judy's brown morugas ? it may just BE years before I finish them all :)

TASTY though,  I just grab a single pod ? press  lightly with a spoon or fork ? and BAM - instant 50 tiny specs on the side of the plate usually far more than I can handle.

You can't smash on contact with dehyrdating... Only if you take the heat up to above 200... 300 is too high... You will blacken them, TASTY - STILL hot - but starts to take them away from their true nature.

Judy at PepperLover.com is the greatest.  I managed to get a mild case of alzheimer and lost my seed order from her back in March and i know I had them once.  Anyway she took the time to help me research what I misplaced and I was able to re-order what I misplaced.  Just wanted to give her kudos for the help....now if only she could help with my mind...lol.

That's a awesome selection of seeds, Nigel.  I made some (apparently useful) suggestions on the new website and got this in return:

99p2dk.jpg

The seeds are all for varieties on my next year's grow list, Moruga Yellow, Bhut Jolokia Red, Brown Moruga, 7 Pod Primo, 7 Pod Original Red.  In terms of customer service, PepperLover can't be beat.

I just got a massive box of freebies from Judy today. Brown Morugas, Yellow Morugas, Bishop's Crowns, the absolute largest Red Bhuts I've ever seen, and the list goes on. Many thanks to Judy, you're the best!

Wow! Judy is one of the most generous people out there!  She'd heard that I'd wanted to try peach bhuts, and offered to send me some!  I got the goods today, and right away chopped one up for some wing toppings. Not only did she send me bhuts, but some powder samples too! Definitely cleared the sinuses out!  I'm definitely going to be ordering from her next year!  Thank you so much for everthing!
885285_10101080219074439_942339064_o.jpg

Just got my seeds from pepper lover. Shipping had taken about a week to CA. Came in a little plain envalope packaged well even stamped on the front not to run through machine. Only orderd a couple seeds she throgh in a couple packs no charge. I ordred all super hot pepper seeds. Seeds all look good and intact. In most packs have twice as many seeds then advertised on the site.

Will be ordering more want to try the white bhuts and chocolate but there all out of chocolates. Dont knw if ill have enough room to grow so many.

I ordered 5 chocolate and 5 yellow Moruga seed packets, and this is what I got from Judy today. I swear, ordering from Judy is like Christmas!

IMG_5991-vi.jpg

I know it's not much, but pictures of the chilli together with the name on the label in the seed packets is a professional touch.

Would love to add my name to the list of satisfied customers, but, damn Australian customs.

What's worse is that the 7 pots are my favourite so I know I'm missing out :mope:

BTW, that recent post of peach bhuts by Rawkstah almost looks like hot chips from a distance.... Make sure not to tuck into them the same way !

Ordered 5 strands of superhots and received 3 packets free!!

Not some random ****, I got 7 pod primo, 7 pod chaguanas and Bhut Jolokia Red!!!

Quantity of seeds is way more than advertised on Judy website.

Shipment was done in 8 days to Canada Quebec Area.

AWESOME!
TEURF

teejay said:
What's worse is that the 7 pots are my favourite so I know I'm missing out :mope:

Don't despair, Tim, you've got some fine vendors over there in Oz, too.  Jungle Rain and The Hippy Seed Company both have good selections of 7 Pots.  Plus you can always play customs roulette.

snagglepuss said:
I've found judy,s service & products excellent, even though I've had problems with seeds not being what they were supposed to be.

I've had some problem with seeds not being what I expected, too, but I'm not sure that's a criticism of PepperLover so much as a problem with the instability of many of the strains we like to grow.  I grew Moruga Scorpions from PL, CPI, and... someone else, I forget at the moment.  All of the plants produced true to type.  The 7 Pod Burgundy from PL had some off-type plants, but cracked jalapenos from CPI produced a couple of off-type plants, too.  I look at it as adventure in growing; some of my "nots" are among my favorite peppers.  If you got seeds where every plant was off-type, then that's a different matter.

Back