• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Peppermania Mystery seeds - What did you get?

I forgot to update over here, but have been in my grow log. Here are the two on my deck garden. All of my peppers in the raised bed are suffering for reasons unknown to me, and really haven't grown much.

Anyway...

The tall mystery pepper. It is finally producing some buds/flower. Haven't seen fruit set yet, but I think we're close.

And what appears to be my mystery chinense in a planter box.

Just some pictures of my mystery plants again.

#1 still has yellow leaves. To me it looks like they start yellow and get green within some time. I have no idea why. But it's still alive and growing. It's around 16 cm high now.

_MG_0382.JPG

_MG_0383.jpg

I got one exactly like this! :P it's now turning green also. It appears to be an Aji pepper.

A little update.

This is my mystery plant #2. It's still my biggest plant and around 65cm high and has one flower that seems to be starting to build a pod and two not yet open flowers.
chili120515-2.jpg
chili120515-1.jpg

This is my mystery plant #1. Maybe you can see, that the younger leaves are still very light green or yellow. A little of this light color stays also in the bigger leaves. No idea what it is.
chili120515-6.jpg

Will be interesting to see what you have. I have 2 mystery plants. One has flowers, I will take a pic later. The
2nd one I though was going to die, but it looks like it's recovering.

Haha these mystery seeds are good fun. I have about 8 or so going I think. Only have a couple up so far but I wanted to grow a bunch. I started them late so not sure if they will set fruit by the end of the season but I plan on over wintering all of my plants this year so not biggy. :)

These'll be a true challenge. One mystery pube, and another ???.

They were in my backyard raised bed that clearly has soil issues (probably too much nitrogen?) and I've uprooted them (what little root structure there was) and am trying to nurse them back to health.

Pube is UGLY.

2012-05-22_07-15-58_538.jpg

2012-05-22_07-16-18_209.jpg

Here is one Peppermania mystery solved:

52512%2520Garden%2520024.jpg

Red Hot Cherry....At first, I thought it was a Sheepnose Pimento, as many pods were forming. I consumed this one pod that insisted on growing in a 16-oz solo cup. and it bit me back with some vengeance.! Fantastic flavor, thicker walls than a Bell, decent heat. As mentioned on Beth's website, it will be a good all around addition--stuffing with cheese, frying, BBQ, pickling, fresh, salsa.

Realizing the versatility of this beast, it is now in a 5-gal container getting some TLC going forward... :cool:

That one sounds good siliman. Here is my mystery plant. I had to spray copper on the plant,
looks like it's recovering. Have no idea what it is yet.

DSCN0910.jpg

DSCN0909.jpg

My big mystery pepper has its first two pods now. And it seems like there will not get much others.
This is a picture of the bigger pod. It's around 4,5 cm high and 1,6 cm wide. Any idea what pepper this could be?
IMG_0823.JPG

This is the crown of the smaller chinense mystery pepper. Here you can see the yellow color of the leaves:
IMG_0822.JPG

Lookin' good, hornilla! I'm far from an ID expert, but the annuum is looking like a anaheim/Fresno type, yes? Dunno.

I forgot to post my updated shots...

S1070008.jpg

Clearly a Bishop's Hat-type variety.

S1070017.jpg

Maybe a Cachucha? Cool looking, either way.

My big mystery pepper has its first two pods now. And it seems like there will not get much others.
This is a picture of the bigger pod. It's around 4,5 cm high and 1,6 cm wide. Any idea what pepper this could be?
IMG_0823.JPG

This is the crown of the smaller chinense mystery pepper. Here you can see the yellow color of the leaves:
IMG_0822.JPG
I think the Annuum looks very similar to a Peppermania Chilaca I transplanted yesterday !

Eephus looking good !! Bishops Hat make the best poppers !!

Backhome029.jpg
I am guessing this little fella is a Chinense of some sort.

[font="'comic sans ms"]You never need a pepper stand ! I borrow the toaster oven tray and put it in the smoker as a pre smoker snack ! We use goat cheese the almonds were a fail. They get to soggy, the prosciutto wrapped never made it inside for a pic. ![/font]

Back