• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Peppers and sauce vs. food

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. Last night I had an epiphany. Used to be that I would have a particular crave for say..oysters, as an example. I would then decide ..fried, raw, baked..whatever, and then what sauce do I want with the little slimeballs? Last night I realized I no longer do that. Instead I pull out a bottle of hotsauce such as my own homebrew mango/hab, set it on the counter and then stare inside the trusty old fridge and decide what I want with the hotsauce. Same with peppers. Pull out some japs or habs and stare at the fridge. Hmmmm...chicken? salmon? veggies?
Is it just me or do others do this. It never occurred to me to say hmmmm...what food goes with this beer. I think I have entered a 4th dimensional portal where instead of hotsauce and peppers complimenting the food, it is now the food that compliments the hot sauce and peppers....is it just me? Do I need a team of doctors around me 24/7? Do I need to change my medication? Are there other nutcases and whacko's here on this forum that do this too...gotta' go...the short bus is pulling in the driveway to pick me up.

Cheers, TB.

You need help! Call Dr. Pepper. :lol:
I've done that, but it's more of, "I'm craving that Middle Eastern place tonight" because I know how it tastes with a particular sauce, etc.

I do it either your way, TB or the way the hot pepper does it. But yeah, the heat and what kind of pepper is definitely what the whole meal revolves around. I pretty much try to find the perfect vehicle for my hot sauces.

Well, yeah.

I went last night to just slice up a bit of orange hab and anaheim for a sandwich along with some onion...Hmmm, turkey or ham...went with Ham.

Then I ended up pickling two bottles worth because I saw a few mushy spots and couldn't stand the idea of them spoiling...

Sandwich: 2min
Peppers: 15mins

Eating nice habby ham sandwich knowing my peppers were safe: Priceless.

;-)

I eat hot everyday with everything and think about how I can use every pepper I grow.

today I ate a salad with ranch but stopped 1/4 way in to grind a fresh hab to mix with the ranch...

it was good.

QuadShotz said:
Well, yeah.

I went last night to just slice up a bit of orange hab and anaheim for a sandwich along with some onion...Hmmm, turkey or ham...went with Ham.

Then I ended up pickling two bottles worth because I saw a few mushy spots and couldn't stand the idea of them spoiling...

Sandwich: 2min
Peppers: 15mins

Eating nice habby ham sandwich knowing my peppers were safe: Priceless.

;-)

O indeed priceless Quad nice to see you prevented them from spoiling and helped them on there way to your digestive tract :lol:

Back