• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers falling partially ripe with yellow stems

Help!!

Why would ghost peppers in a potted ghost plant kep outside and full of green pods (but with lighter green leaves) be dropping a partially ripe pod with a yellowed stem? Can I fix that? So far only one on the plant did this but I don't wanna wait till it happens to the rest.

Thanks.

100MEDIA95IMAG1247.jpg

leaves turning yellow this time of year means one of three things 1. too much water 2 not enough water 3 too much fertilizer ,,, you can balance it out by no water for a few days then three cups in each plant ever other day and no more fert if your using it I hope this works for you thanks snack!

leaves turning yellow this time of year means one of three things 1. too much water 2 not enough water 3 too much fertilizer ,,, you can balance it out by no water for a few days then three cups in each plant ever other day and no more fert if your using it I hope this works for you thanks snack!

No fertilizer, but my stay at home girlfriend who tends the garden might be watering the pots too much. I'll tell her to not water them for a few days. THanks. (oh and welcome to the forum)

If it's just one or two pods every now and then don't get too concerned. Peppers fall of for a myriad of reasons.

Had a couple suicidal pods myself. The rest of the plant and pods are fine, so I assumed it was nothing major.

One of my Red Rockets was doing the same thing. I had to drill extra holes in the bottom of the container as the pre-drilled ones were worthless !! One week later all is well. They turned like into a yellow rubbery pod,kinda scary at first !!

Almost always I see a little black dot or hole, or sometimes more than one. A bug gets in and rots the pepper from inside so the plant aborts it.

Back