Peppers in Autumn

Hello from West Virginia! Today's a big day for me. I just germinated and planted my very first batch of hot peppers. What am I growing? Why, the nasty hot Ghost Pepper (or Bhut Jolokia, Naga Morich, etc..) I know it's a bad time to start, but I just couldn't wait. Besides, if they fail I have a few more seeds on standby for springtime. I don't have any proper equipment for indoor growing, but I'm confident in my method so far. I germinated them the easy way in a damp paper towel in a Ziploc bag. Each of the ten cracked through with that first little sign of a newborn plant. That was the easy part though. I'm open for any suggestions and pointers along the way. I'm glad to be part of the hot pepper community!

Welcome from Fort Worth...

You have about 7 months before you can put them outside...how are you going to keep them growing inside for 7 months...they will be rather large (read close to 5 feet tall within 7 months)...my 8 month old Bhuts are right at 6 feet tall...

Greetings Brother.

2iuvsec.jpg

Awesome

AlabamaJack said:
Welcome from Fort Worth...

You have about 7 months before you can put them outside...how are you going to keep them growing inside for 7 months...they will be rather large (read close to 5 feet tall within 7 months)...my 8 month old Bhuts are right at 6 feet tall...

I knew they grew tall, but, damn. I guess I could try to keep them trimmed so they're wide and bushy. Is that recommended?

Back