• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter S - 2017 grow

Here's my grow so far for this year. I started these early January. The large peppers in the basement are over winters. I'm trying to get my grow down, to around half (or a little more) than last year. I'm hoping this will be more manageable and less wasted peppers :) My grow methods this year will be Kratky (fill and forget and static nutrient level systems), self watering containers (diy earthboxes), and grow bags with potting mix on drip system fed with Master Blend. Also will continue to run some indoor hydro using DWC and sprayaponic methods. All my peppers will be fed with mix of MasterBlend, Magnesium Sulfate and Calcium Nitrate.

Here're my overwinters, hard to distinguish from this angle, but the back left is Jamaican Hot Chocolate, back right is Yellow Chiltepin, front left is Thai Dragon and right is Tien Tsin.

WK9EAWjh.jpg

Peppers in AeroGarden Bounty. Back center is D3's Aji Painapple f2, front right is Yellow Dystopia, back left is Sugar Rush Peach and in front of that a 7-Pot Primo. Of all my AeroGarden peppers, the Painapple will stay in the bounty, and everything else will be transplanted to something else.

UtqDF4zh.jpg

In the foreground here on right is Brazilian Red Olive, and beside it is a Reaper x Moruga f3. AeroGarden has a Cereja da Amapa, Andy's King BOC, Chocolate Unreaper, Aji Charapita and 7-Pot Chaguanas Yellow.

5AuG5D3h.jpg

A bunch here included in my grow list below.

hO0mHpNh.jpg

New low-pressure aeroponic/sprayaponic/soakaponic system with a Helios Hab, and beside it in cups are D3's El Scorponero f2, Puerto Rican Yellow and Peach Moruga Scorpion.

fmqnFtYh.jpg

FXlUYCQh.jpg

Kratky Blue Christmas

gQuQ6YSh.jpg

Here's my grow list. There are a few more that I'm going to start and that should be it for the season.

7-Pot Chaguanas, Yellow
7-Pot Olive
7-Pot Primo
Aji Charapita
D3's Aji Painapple f2
Andy's King BOC
Bhut, Black
Bhut, White W Strain (still trying to germinate)
Blue Christmas
Brazillian Red Olive
Carbonero Cream
CARDI Scorpion Yellow
Cereja da Amapa
Chiltepin Yellow
Chocolate Bhutlah
Chocolate UnReaper
Datil
Devil's Tail, White
Dystopia, Yellow
D3's El Scorponero f2
Hab, Helios
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion Variant
Kpakpo Shito x BBG 7 f2
Mako Kokoo
Moruga Scorpion, Peach
Peach Clavo
PI 439452 Creme
Puerto Rican Yellow
Reaper x Moruga f3
Scotch Bonnet, Elysium Oxide
Shishito
Stravos
Sugar Rush Peach
Thai Dragon
Tien Tsin

Planning to start soon:
Queen Laurie
Beni Highlands
Swiss Chocolate
BBG7 X (Anthony Nunez cross)
Geronimo Chile

Superhot Sim said:
Amazing plants that are just loaded Peter. You sure have the magic touch.
Datil looks super productive and your yellow Dystopia is one of the best gnarly looking phenos I have seen. Great work buddy.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk
Thanks Sim! I really love the Datil. I tried some the other day and it was very sweet/fruity with good habaneroish level heat. The Yellow Dystopia is becoming my favorite superhot yellow. Seems like the burn lasts and lasts and lasts.

Peter S said:
Thanks Sim! I really love the Datil. I tried some the other day and it was very sweet/fruity with good habaneroish level heat. The Yellow Dystopia is becoming my favorite superhot yellow. Seems like the burn lasts and lasts and lasts.
What's flavour like Peter. Has it that nice citrus taste you get with a lot of yellow pods.?

Here are some I picked the other day.

0XaCZ1Jh.jpg

Mayan Red Hab
7vaTHejh.jpg

White Devil's Tail
VKWaLglh.jpg

Kpakpo Shito cross f2
nuLxUxeh.jpg

Yellow Dystopia
qDAVuk7h.jpg

Scotch Bonnet
bJQA8rPh.jpg

Brazilian Red Olive
vcC0BLeh.jpg

Puerto Rican Yellow
mvIIHXXh.jpg

Datil
ZSDWQehh.jpg

Not 7-Pot Olive but still pretty awesome looking
lXEg3Dxh.jpg

Not 100% sure yet, possibly a long pheno Aji Dulce.
rfTHUYph.jpg

Thai Dragon and Tien Tsin
yUgI1Kdh.jpg

Stravos
M4aqn97h.jpg

Some on the dehydrator
3Ztva83h.jpg

Xe1n6Uwh.jpg

Michael is a cool guy and gets some nice stuff, I did a seed trade with him few seasons back.
Some stunning colours in that haul Peter.
Nice Datil and the not 7 pot Olive, good harvest.

Superhot Sim said:
Michael is a cool guy and gets some nice stuff, I did a seed trade with him few seasons back.
Some stunning colours in that haul Peter.
Nice Datil and the not 7 pot Olive, good harvest.

Thanks! I agree Michael is very cool guy. The Puerto Rican Yellow I got from him too.

Grow update from today.
Some I picked off the porch plants this evening.

k879XCeh.jpg

Habs
rrV5zGfh.jpg

PI 439452 Creme
MCikQyEh.jpg

CARDI Yellow Scorp
c1Kwxl4h.jpg

Chinese Red Pepper - Street kitchen spice pack strain
ncOcY7fh.jpg

Thai Dragon
JuJKhcrh.jpg

One of my Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion x unknown f2, yellow pheno
soD9DWah.jpg

XnqOi92h.jpg

Ikzznp6h.jpg

Mexican spice blend
V1xbXHeh.jpg

JcQ1GOlh.jpg

Great video as always Peter and a nice haul of some ripe peppers.
Your plants are mega loaded buddy, is that your climate or do you feed heavy in the wick systems?
Look huge plants as well, great growing my friend. [emoji106]

Superhot Sim said:
Great video as always Peter and a nice haul of some ripe peppers.
Your plants are mega loaded buddy, is that your climate or do you feed heavy in the wick systems?
Look huge plants as well, great growing my friend. [emoji106]

Thanks Sim! We do have a good climate here. For my wick systems I use what dyna-gro recommends for non-circulating hydro which is 1 tsp/gallon. But I also use that strength in my low-pressure aeroponic bucket and it seems to do fine there too.

Back