• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Petty Gripes

What little things in life get you down? What do you need to complain about to
those of us who don't really care? What's been eating away at you lately? Do
you just feel like griping about something but don't want to pollute another thread
with your grievances? Welcome to Petty Gripes.

I had to drive a U-Haul for 150+ miles today while moving my mom's stuff so she
can go live with my sister. Then I drove my ride back 150+ miles. This was my
view from the side mirror for much of the way. The view from the front was equally
dense.

IMAG2326.jpg

And now I'm sore after spending so long in the car! grumble grumble...

THAT right there! TRAFFIC! GAAAAAAAAH!!!!

And the a-holes at work. Arrogant, patronizing, HYPOCRITICAL jerk bosses.....

OK, I feel a little better now..... :lol:

The Booze store in our town shut down today, not from lack of business, but from government/business bullcrap. We no longer have anything other than beer and wine for the next few weeks. Don't evek know where the next closest liquor store is, but I'm guessing at a minimum 90 miles away and could be as far as 250 miles away.

The Booze store in our town shut down today, not from lack of business, but from government/business bullcrap. We no longer have anything other than beer and wine for the next few weeks. Don't evek know where the next closest liquor store is, but I'm guessing at a minimum 90 miles away and could be as far as 250 miles away.

Condolences to Methow Valley folk.... sad day sad day. June 1st we get to start buying booze at Safeway and Walmart!!! That's gonna be weird.

That could be fun if you all were going 150 MPH! Something tells me you were'nt.

Yeah, this state liquor crap is absolutely frustrating. Pushed thru by COSTCO. Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhh!
I have 2 gallons of hhhwiskey, and if I run out, I WILL FIND THE NEAREST ONE! :rofl:

find a home brew shop and buy a still and a kegerator :)

Ok seriously here's my gripe. When I started driving only 10yrs ago gas was like $1.12 it would take about $20 to fill my tank. Now I can't remember the last time it was under $4. I drive a Chevy Equinox so not terribly huge and gets about 25mpg but over $60 to fill. WTH????? I forsee gas getting over $5per gallon and nobody being able to afford bills as well as gas. I am kinda scared for my children and grandchildren. BTW I don't believe in the 12/21/12 crap.........

too much work, and I can't go that long without aulkehaul. So I'm in this thread...wine-ing..... :D

too much work, and I can't go that long without aulkehaul. So I'm in this thread...wine-ing..... :D

Hey SL! I'd say let's go up in the hills and start brewin', but the cartel's got those hills all clogged up with weed!

I remember when bears were the most dangerous things you had to watch for on a camping trip.

I was just reminded of why I don't do fast food anymore.....

Rock up to drive-thru.

Speaker box: Welcome to McDickheads*, can I take your order please?

Me: Hi, can I just get a Double Third Rounder* burger, please.

Speaker box: In a meal or just the burger on it's own?

(Did I say and emphasize the "burger" part for the fun of it?)

Me: Just the burger, thanks.

Speaker box: Did you want any fries or drinks with that?

(What the...??)

Me: No thanks.

Speaker box: Was there anything else?

Me: No.

Speaker box: Drive around to the first window please.

(Pwoar! I'm glad that's over.....)

Drive around to the window.

Robot worker: So that was just the Double Third Rounder burger?

Me: Yes, thank you.

Robot worker: That wasn't in a meal?

(Haven't we been through this??)

Robot worker: Any deserts with that?

Robot worker: Would...

Me: NO.

Robot worker: That'll be $6.95, thanks.

Pay and drive to the next window.

Second Robot worker: Here is your burger...

(GAH! THANK YOU!)

Second Robot worker: ...is there anything else we could get you today?

FFFUUU.jpg

* Restaurant name and menu item name changed to protect the restaurant.
** Story may be slightly exaggerated for dramatic effect.

Yea
Hey SL! I'd say let's go up in the hills and start brewin', but the cartel's got those hills all clogged up with weed!

I remember when bears were the most dangerous things you had to watch for on a camping trip.

Screw that let's go, I got your back...only takes about 48 hours to cook up some good mash, I will lay out some ClayMores and take the high point with my M-60....This country is screwed when you got the cartels from down South in your backyard making a killing while our government ignores this chit!

Damn...

And you wonder why I have a CHL?

That's a Legitimate Concern, not a Petty Gripe. Boss, please move
this post to the Legitimate Concerns thread.

Thank You, I appreciate your acknowledging the differences. It is a small but fery different issue. My son tells me I have manyh issues, so I guess that gives us a lot to work on. :)

Ah yes with the fairy clothing.

Direct link to the fairy conference-
http://www.fairycongress.com/

Please contact us if you want to crash at our pad, which is about .75 miles from the event.

:rolleyes: YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!!!

we've tried the home-brew thing for a couple batches. And we figured out in short order..... I can trade salsa at the farmers market for green beans a whole lot easier than I can try to grow green beans for myself,

Ladies and gentlemen I have a solution to the liquid gripe.

Go on ebay or craigslist or look in your local paper for a used 5 gal water heater

Take the top nut or pipe off it and replace it with a 2.5 ft 2 inch column of copper and fill it with marbles or ceramic chips

On the side of pipe add a 3/8 inch pipe at a slight angle down with a condenser of 3/4 in copper with a inlet and outlet for hose.

Plumb the heater body for filling and emptying the heater.

Throw some sugar and yeast in a juice/water of your choice and in 5-7 days fill the still and fill your Seagram's bottle.

So my 74 yo mother calls me up yesterday and wants to borrow $10 for some food and doesn't know when she can pay me back.

I mean COME ON!!! I WORK FOR A LIVING!!!

Maybe I can have her work off the money. Maybe have her hump my weight set up to the attic or something.

Geez Louise

I hate to gripe about my newborn baby - she's cute, cuddly, and all that jazz. But she has developed a special cry that signals to mom it's time to puke and pooh on daddy. So I won't gripe about my baby - I'll gripe about doing laundry 3 f**king times a day!!! Whew! That feels better...

Speaking of the liquor problem that seems to plague so many of our members, my wife is a pro winemaker and has done well in national reviews (e.g. Wall Street Journal, Wine Spectator, etc)...I'd be willing to swap bottles from our wine stash for some seeds/pods...just pm me.

Damn me if I didn't just have Gassy's McSomething's experience today.....but at the counter! Couldn't even give them the speaker-pass!

But then, after making fun (privately) KARMA set in.....alternator 'broke', or whatever, and there we were stuck..at McSomethings, for like, 4 hours, working on the truck in the parking lot. Can I just give a big Shout-Out to O'Reilly's Auto Parts?! Freakin' saved our weekend. On a holiday weekend no less. They rocked, Scovie rocked, then Home Depot rocked, and eventually LUNAZUL rocked. I am home & very grateful! :D

Back