• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Petty Gripes

I hate when I'm going around a long turn and the person in front of my drives so far to the inside of the turn WAYYYY beyond the lines that they kick up rocks and pebbles on the shoulder. I mean seriously how hard is it to simply stay within the lines? I know it can be done since I drive a big SUV and I have no problems doing it!!

My vehicle is experiencing some electrical problems and my drivers-side window
keeps rolling down on its own. This was only mildly burdensome the last few days
but quite annoying today while driving home in a big rainstorm.

When companies claim: New and Improved, when really they should claim: it's new, but not necessarily improved - just better for the company...

WHY do you have to change a good product???

Specifically, I'm talking about a brand of cat litter that changed their product for whatever reason...I can't imagine throngs of angry emails from customers calling for such a change...

restaurants who serve shrimp/prawns sauteed in a wonderful, delicious sauce....AND THEY LEAVE THE FREEKING TAILS ON THE SHRIMPS!

Seriously...wtheck...so you have to go digging through your curry or alfredo your fingers and a fork to take the tails off the prawns?

:banghead:

+1 to the shrimp tails SL - I mean how hard can it be to remove them before cooking.

My Gripe this week ----When the Weatherman predicts a storm to come through on Saturday or Sunday - so you leave the plants out Friday to get some good sun before they come in for the weekend and the storm comes through while your away from the house Friday evening !

I'm about to have to drive eight-plus hours to Maryland to spend Thanksgiving
week with the in-laws.

I'll have to hear "Why do you have to drink so much when you're up here?" a
number of times.

Unfortunately they've started hair testing at work. I guess this year I won't be
asked "Did you just smoke pot in my grandmother's bathroom?!?"

IMAG4070_zpsdc539af6.jpg

When your wife calls you at work saying she's headed for the hospital to have the kid, then sent right home 2 hours later due to no change in her condition.  Then 20 minutes later you get a call again saying her water broke, barely make it to the hospital and have the kid 3 minutes later. Stupid Dr's

Oh yeah, we just gave birth 4 hours ago!!! :woohoo:

11:30pm Nice!  :woohoo: :dance: :cheers:

Sneak a beer to HHBH for us!

I'll post a status update.

GnomeGrown said:
:woohoo: HabaneroHeat!

:dance: :cheers:

salsalady said:
11:30pm Nice!  :woohoo: :dance: :cheers:

Sneak a beer to HHBH for us!

I'll post a status update.
Thanks GG and SL, not sure she is ready for the beer yet, but she will be soon.  Much celebrating in hab house once we get home for sure.

Thanks again!

habaneroheat81 said:
When your wife calls you at work saying she's headed for the hospital to have the kid, then sent right home 2 hours later due to no change in her condition.  Then 20 minutes later you get a call again saying her water broke, barely make it to the hospital and have the kid 3 minutes later. Stupid Dr's

Oh yeah, we just gave birth 4 hours ago!!! :woohoo:

Ok, I liked it but only the part of it where HHBH had the baby! Congrats Bro!

paulky_2000 said:
It's 112 here in the shade.....

.....and there's no beer.....

....and I have a gun.

Now Paul, it's not really a true gripe where you are till it reaches 135 dF in the shade, well, that's what the SOP stated my last trip to the sandbox but that one might have been rewritten over the 10 years since I retired. :(

Back