• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

pH pH Meters/Test Kits

Okay.... strips, or meters? I'm reading some mess on the meters about having to store them with a calibration solution..... Would strips work just fine, or is a meter better?

And stop jacking with me, Scovie!

Oh, man, I'm getting outta my league here. I know the storing issue has come up here before and it isn't that big of a deal.

Let me scurry up some help...

That's the Oakton I was looking at... waterpoof. I was fixing to order it... just wanted to make sure I'm getting the right thing for the application. Thanks bro!

quick reply, sorry no links....

decent pH meters might run $80plus, the glass probes must be stored in a buffer solution (pH7.01), calibration solutions are also needed and should be used before each use.

Hanna brand has some pretty reasonably priced units.

edit- cross posting- just saw you place the order-

Salsalady and Hops, I'll send you guys some too, but I'm pretty sure the pros aren't looking for amateur sauce....

I'm fixing to throw down on a couple of dozen bottles. I'll never use all of that myself, so I'll need some willing guinea pigs! All the guys at work are chicken

Again, and as always, I really appreciate the help!

just calling it as I read it~~~~ :lol:

Phil, there's some pretty creative ways of gettingfeedback. give a holler when you're ready~

For $20.00, this works, (www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005H78ZI0/)EXCEPT, I need to calibrate it before each use, so I spent another $10.50 on this stuff:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007X5J9L6/

Back