• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PhatMan Dereks Grow Log V2.0

Major Update Wednesday 3-2-09

I've started over fresh and this time I'm doing it right! Thanks for Tx's help.

The seeds in the new pot got one more potting soil and now is sitting on my computer desk where there is more like then the living room.

The Pepper seeds.
474208492_NcEEP-S.jpg

The Pot with water drain bottom.
474208513_6Cwc2-S.jpg

The soil
474208536_huy6A-S.jpg

The seeds in their new home.
474208554_yyDV3-S.jpg

Hey bro you should fill the pot all the way up, water it a little, then bury the seeds about 1/4" to 1/2" deep. Then water it again to settle the dirt around the seeds.

Txclosetgrower said:
Hey bro you should fill the pot all the way up, water it a little, then bury the seeds about 1/4" to 1/2" deep. Then water it again to settle the dirt around the seeds.
I was only doing what the back of the bag said.

and the bag said the same as yours although the photo's don't show it properly, I should take another photo and snow you they are properly buried.

Txclosetgrower said:
Ya dude, more dirt.

PhatManDerek said:
I was only doing what the back of the bag said.

and the bag said the same as yours although the photo's don't show it properly, I should take another photo and snow you they are properly buried.

Don't listen to the bag, listen to us. The bag will mislead you into dangorous teritory, strip you naked, and leave you stranded with only three pennies.

So trust us. Now here, put this tab under your tongue.....

imaguitargod said:
Don't listen to the bag, listen to us. The bag will mislead you into dangorous teritory, strip you naked, and leave you stranded with only three pennies.

So trust us. Now here, put this tab under your tongue.....
Will do, Ok I'll go fill the pot until the top and I will not water it again since I've done that "got to let it drain"

Fill it up to the top, through soak the dirt in water, make a 1/4-1/2 inch hole with you finger (first knuckle from finger nail depth), put two seeds in each hole, cover up and wait.

Fill container to the top.

Poke little hole with pinky.

Insert seed.

Cover with dirt.

Water.

Keep warm.

Wait.

Check for sprouts 48 times a day.

Txclosetgrower said:
Fill container to the top.

Poke little hole with pinky.

Insert seed.

Cover with dirt.

Water.

Keep warm.

Wait.

Check for sprouts 48 times a day.
Ok I've done all that and now I'm letting the water drain.

My apartment is so warm I could grow orange tree's in here and it's at 71 degree's

caroltlw said:
Was that more dirt under the seeds or on top of them??
The dirt was under the seeds about 1/2 1/4 inch high.

imaguitargod said:
Fill it up to the top, through soak the dirt in water, make a 1/4-1/2 inch hole with you finger (first knuckle from finger nail depth), put two seeds in each hole, cover up and wait.
And I've done all that I might have done a step backwords but I don't think that will hurt anything right?

imaguitargod said:
Umm...which step did you do backwards?
before I've asked the questions here, I didn't poke the hole with finger and this is what I did.

place about 1/2 1/4 inch high dirt add 3 seeds add the rest of the dirt & then lightly water them then wait until water is gone.

PhatManDerek said:
Well the new seeds should still be ok even though I've done a few newbie things correct?

Not if they are under more dirt then what Pam said. They can only escpase so far and then die. Just poke a few new holes and stick 'em in (at the proper depth this time ;) ).

imaguitargod said:
Not if they are under more dirt then what Pam said. They can only escpase so far and then die. Just poke a few new holes and stick 'em in (at the proper depth this time ;) ).
What about the 3 seeds that are in buried all ready?

PhatManDerek said:
What about the 3 seeds that are in buried all ready?

They will go to the great pepper garden in the sky, where the sun is never too hot, the rain is never too hard, and gentle breezes will carress them. ;)

Back