Pick-A-Peck of Peppers Swap

I received three packages today. It looks like the last of the packages will go in the mail on Monday, so as soon as those remaining envelopes arrive, I will start getting them all ready to mail back out.

Here is the list:

* Stickman
* Prehensile
* Fiogga
Hixs
* Tinley244
Xcsports
Emrikol
TastyPeps

Have to say, I am pleased with how many wishes I have been able to fulfill so far, thanks to all of you wonderful, generous swappers.

Once the envelopes get mailed back out, I would appreciate it if everyone would post here when they receive theirs. That way I'll know that they arrived safely.

Thanks,
Bonnie

Glad to hear that you are still able to participate! I checked out your growlist, and all I can say is WOW!!! Surprisingly, I do have several things not on there though. :dance:

Glad to hear that you are still able to participate! I checked out your growlist, and all I can say is WOW!!! Surprisingly, I do have several things not on there though. :dance:

i agree hixs you have a great grow list i remember when you joined the forum and you didnt have much other then about 30 varieties? :) now what are you up to 300 lol :) ill have to get mine finnised just to compare but honestly i have to say yours is much more superb to mine oh and hixs if you want i saw that you wanted hot varieties of paprika i have 1 variety called zolton's paprika i didnt include it in the envelope i sent because i don't know how much stock i have. I do know i have enough for myself and a trade or two pm me if your intrested there should be enough time to start it and grow it for yourself. ill see how much i have i realy would like to do a trade with you i dont ever recall trading with you before even though i have a few varieties of yours from a parcel last year :) if you like i can do a trade with you so we can make are grow lists a little bigger lol :) ill have to check and see what i got first i had a failed harvest last year so most of my seed is 2010 seed. but should still be good :)

I received 5 envelopes today!!! One of them didn't have the person's THP name on it, so not 100% sure who that belongs to. If your first name is Reis, let me know.

Here is the list:

* Stickman
* Prehensile
* Fiogga
Hixs
* Tinley244
Xcsports
* Emrikol
TastyPeps

Hopefully, the last of the packages will be here by the end of the week. I'm still shooting for the original return date of March 5th

Mystery solved. Corrected list:

* Stickman
* Prehensile
* Fiogga
Hixs
* Tinley244
Xcsports
* Emrikol
* TastyPeps

Hey first off everyone who has waited on me.Thanks! High should have my seeds weds.XC would love to trade as with anyone else.I`ve been slow as for work and buying new comps not an excuse but.Hell xc when I joined the best I grew were weeds in my yard.Have enjoyed meeting other new/starters as me and when I get something hope the others will help. My list is open for all.I do not sell here! Lucky to have good friends and a fun/ hot hobby. Rich

Received two packages today, and Xcsports, yours was one of them. You sent in a very nice selection. Several items that were on people's wishlists. The handwriting on some of the packets is almost impossible to read though. A suggestion, instead of trying to write on a plastic baggie with a pen, just write the information on a tiny piece of paper, and stick it inside the baggie.

Here's the list:

* Stickman
* Prehensile
* Fiogga
Hixs
* Tinley244
* Xcsports
* Emrikol
* TastyPeps

According to my calculations there are four packages in route. As soon as they arrive, I'll starting sending them back out.

sorry about the bad handwriting i have an injured shoulder and a sprained that i just injured again on sunday night heading to the hospital later (its my dominate arm as well)

Ouch!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hope I didn't offend you. I was just making a suggestion to make it easier on you next time. I'm going to try and print my labels out on the computer this time, but I'm not very computer savvy, so may end up writing by hand.

its ok i came back from the er said i strained my right triceps and badly bruised the bone of my upper arm they told me if its not getting any better with the sling at the end of the week to go to the orthopedist and get some other scans done and i will i just ran out of paper and i wanted to get it out that day so it would arrive on time if you need me to identify any seeds for you take a pic and ill look at what i sent and tell you whats what :) it didnt offend me at all i've always had bad handwriting lol i went snowboarding and i did summersaults down the mountain lol :)

Okay, now you're making me nervous. Hope you were wearing a helmet! My oldest son has been taking snowboard lessons for the first time this year, and I worry every time he goes. Guess it's a mom thing : )

I think I figured all of the seed packets out. At least I hope so anyway. I put labels on them, so if someone gets something from you, and it turns out NOT to be what the label says, it will be my fault, not yours.

Any that you get with a label on the outside of the packet, and his name on them, I added the label. All the rest of his were written with a permanent marker.

No envelopes related to this swap today, but I have been working just about round-the-clock on this swap the past couple of days.

I have labeled and bagged up the following:

From Smokemaster's donation - around 140 packs of seeds

From Elkwc's (on another forum) donation - about 60 packs of some nice NuMex varieties

From my own stash of saved and purchased seeds - right at 90 packs of seeds

I know this seems like a huge number of packs in addition to what's being sent in by all of the participants, but this is what it takes to make up for the overwhelming number of common items, such as Sweet Banana, Hungarian Hot Wax, and Anaheims that are sent in. Don't get me wrong, there have been lots of really cool varieties sent in too, but when people are new to growing peppers, the common varieties are all they have.

So as a result, next year I will instate a NEWBIE RULE. Anyone just getting started will be welcome to join the swaps, but instead of having them send in the common stuff that most newbies have, I'll have them send in just the bubble mailer, return address label, and plenty of stamps and baggies, along with a wishlist, but NO SEEDS. Between donations and my own stash, I'll be able to send them a nice variety without me getting stuck with tons of seeds that nobody else wants.

Anyway, once the last couple of envelopes arrive, I can finish sorting the seeds. I won't have any time to work on them tomorrow, and tomorrow night, I'm having a much needed "ladies night," but I'll do my best to start shipping the packages back out on Monday.

Oh, one more thing. A friend hosting a tomato swap on another forum, got a big surprise when she went to mail the packages back out. The postal service informed her as part of the new price changes, bubble envelopes are now being charged as parcels rather than large envelopes. This means that the number of stamps used to mail your envelope to me, may not be enough to get it back home. I always go in and have them weighed, so I'll know before it goes out, and hopefully no one's package will arrive with a ransom note.

Back