• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pictures of massive pepper plants...

Has anyone grown plants larger than 3 feet? I really just want to look at pictures while at work. As soon as mine get this big I will reciprocate.

6f425948.jpg

Bhuts in front of a 6' fence. They ended up 6 1/2ft by seasons end. Pic was taken at eye level, the fence is slightly uphill from them...

Has anyone grown plants larger than 3 feet? I really just want to look at pictures while at work. As soon as mine get this big I will reciprocate.

Most should grow past 3' easily the first year.

Here are a few of my big ones from years past.

Tree hab

SDC11879.jpg

SDC11878.jpg

SDC11877.jpg

SDC11875.jpg

9' ceilings

CIMG0116.jpg

in quart containers

SDC10821.jpg

SDC10822.jpg

this was taken the last of August 09...I called this grow area Naga Island because all of these plants were Naga Morich/Bih Jolokia/Bhut Jolokia/Dorset Naga...the plants aren't that huge but are very full

083009a005.jpg

here is Naga Island taken two weeks later...

NagaIsland09-14-09.jpg

yup...5ers...used some 10s last year for 2nd year plants and will use a couple of 25s this year for the 3rd year scorps...not looking for huge growth in height, rather compact bushy plants the produce tons...the more nodes, the more pods...

Can't really hold a candle to most of these guys yet, but even as a novice grower several of my plants were taller than 4 feet, and my Rocotos hit almost 9 feet by the end of their first year. This photo is after 6 months of growth, the post stands at 5 feet tall.

IMGP1790.jpg

Same plant being overwintered indoors:
IMGP2640.jpg

Even though I know my growing season is going to be shortened this year, I'm curious to see how big it gets.

Here's a Bishops Crown I started last year, just never got around to potting it up. Can't stand the thought of killing it so I add water every now and then and it just keeps right on going. I am going to pot it up this year just because I want to see the roots. It's over four feet tall.

DSC015161600x1200.jpg

DSC015171600x1200.jpg

:rofl: @ Patrick...that's hilarious man...wonder how tall it will get with support....

That's crazy! hahahaha, Nutes? That thing looks like a bean vine!

Can't really hold a candle to most of these guys yet, but even as a novice grower several of my plants were taller than 4 feet, and my Rocotos hit almost 9 feet by the end of their first year. This photo is after 6 months of growth, the post stands at 5 feet tall.

IMGP1790.jpg

Same plant being overwintered indoors:
IMGP2640.jpg

Even though I know my growing season is going to be shortened this year, I'm curious to see how big it gets.
Love the random twine support system! I had a couple times last year when I was only home a few days at a time...my tomatoes were getting out of control and I had to fly right back out the next day...so Duct Tape to the rescue! Looked like your twine system with a little extra redneck added for good measure!

Thank you AJ, Geist and stc3248. It has a few wooden ka-bob sticks holding it up now. It is time to add another one though. Haven't seen a bud yet so no pods harvested. It's just a fun thing.

Back