• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pictures of massive pepper plants...

A couple of my plants got quite tall.

7-31-10forrealz.jpg

Kevin

Tell me that thing in the back is NOT a pepper plant :eek:

Tell me that thing in the back is NOT a pepper plant :eek:

I dug through Kevin's 2010 thread to find the monster in the background:
Thank you Mill,Yea that Birgit Locoto went crazy..It is a Baccatum and tastes similar to Aji Limon, not as citrusy and a 'lil hotter! :)
8-15-10BirgitsLocoto.jpg

Kevin
I pondered how big some of my Baccatum plants would become if transplanted to the garden. I doubt I have the soil without extensive amendment to get a plant to grow that big.

Has anybody tried to vine grow their plants? Being I'm a noob I had no idea they could get so big so maybe ill setup my seedling and try to vine grow them. Funny though, looking at the pics my bhuts are wider than tall. Each one is like 1-1.5' tall and about 2-2.5' diam. Although they have just started to grow like crazy so who knows what they will be like in a couple of months, ill be happy if they end up half the size that you guys have.

All in all so jealous!

Jealous!? I thought you were from Australia before I realized that you're right here Stateside and still growing in February!! Now THAT'S cause for jealousy! ;)
Jealous!? I thought you were from Australia before I realized that you're right here Stateside and still growing in February!! Now THAT'S cause for jealousy! ;)
growing yes, fruiting on my bhuts, nope. although we are thinking of making a large greenhouse to fix that issue. but ya haha haha !

growing yes, fruiting on my bhuts, nope. although we are thinking of making a large greenhouse to fix that issue. but ya haha haha !

lol. Hell, growing is over half the wait! All you have to do is feed 'em and get massive plants before your blooming starts in the spring!

Oh they were fruiting until about 2 months ago they stopped...just too cold right now. I was getting about 6 or so peppers every week for the few months that i had them. They were dinky little things at that time. Note to people with roomates, dont let them water your plants ever! I told them not to, so they decided to water them everyday almost killed them! anywho this was november...miss the peppers!
291842_2194113248962_1131107632_2577695_6677629_n.jpg

Same plant Jan1
407996_2771769490007_1131107632_2965880_884324938_n.jpg

And now they are double the size so going in the right direction!

Back