Pippy's UDS Challenge

Pepperfreak said:
Guess I should have thought a little more about how I phrased my post :lol: I'm sure this will cost another point on Nova's scale. :lol:

It's ok mate, I'll PM you some private shots of my smoked sausage....

:rofl:

The don't call him Pippy Shortcocking for nothing.

thehotpepper.com said:

medium-smiley-002.gif
Where is he hiding anyway?

Oh no. Maybe he's in the UDS. For him, it's quite roomy.

:lol:

thehotpepper.com said:

He got pipped at the post, pity the post was a toothpick!!

@ Moyboy i have decided not to come over after all, thanks for the invite though! I have decided to see if i can cook a chook on my uds. :rofl:

Novacastrian said:
@ Moyboy i have decided not to come over after all, thanks for the invite though! I have decided to see if i can cook a chook on my uds. :rofl:

Trying to steal my thunder????

:think: :lol:

Well.....As per the rules, it's now official.....

I've just finished my first smoke. I have room for improvement but i was pretty happy with it. I had the temps up higher so I could have it done for dinner......As it turns out I could have had the temp nice and low and would have cooked it to perfection....Oh well, all learning.

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

I can tell this is going to be addictive....:) and i'm looking forward to playing with some cheap cuts of meat for a little while till I get it right then on to some bigger and nicer cuts, and ribs.....hmmmmmmmm

Package will be on the way soon. Enjoy the Tabasco!

Experiment with chicken, you can't really mess it up. Decide if you're going to marinate, brine, dry rub, mop, sauce, etc... it will turn out good no matter what you do with chicken, just don't sauce it till near the end or it will burn.

Sausage and fish are easy too!

Then go to ribs. Some good info here on the forum.

Ask questions here before you get to pork shoulder or brisket. You'll get there, but those are harder (plateauing periods of pork, etc.)

Back