• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plant problems....

Hey PepperFreak --- are your plants doing well? Have you noticed anymore positive changes? I am thinking of picking some up today and give it a go.

LUCKYDOG said:
Hey PepperFreak --- are your plants doing well? Have you noticed anymore positive changes? I am thinking of picking some up today and give it a go.

I just checked today and am pleased to post that the yellowing plants seem to be reversing and turning green. There is still a yellowish tint, but they are defiantly turning green, it seems deeper today than yesterday. I'm also seeing some new growth.

If you pick some Miracle grow up, check the NPK because they have different types. I think it was Pam that recommended the Tomato fert because it is more balanced (18-18-21). She did preface it by saying "if you have to use fert". I also believe that you should try using it at half strength first and see what happens because you don't want to over fertilize.

If you do get it...Let use know how it works out for you.

Pepperfreak said:
If you pick some Miracle grow up, check the NPK because they have different types. I think it was Pam that recommended the Tomato fert because it is more balanced (18-18-21).

Tomato food usually has higher calcium where peppers seem to need more magnesium. I often use 20-20-20 with balanced micro-nurients. BTW, leaf curl in peppers (especially C. chinense's)is usually associated with low magnesium but I see you've tried epsom salts.

Pepperfreak, If it is the older leaves that are yellowing and eventually falling off the rest of the plant is light green and the plant seems like it has not grown any new growth in awhile it is the same symptoms that mine were showing. As for fertilizing, from research that I have done it is not necessarily a good thing to water or fertilize through foiler methods because it takes away from the root system. I would water with a heavy Nitrogen fert and water the soil (JMO). The pathologist I spoke to said full strength would be fine. I saw dramatic improvement in 2 days.

Dale

talas said:
had similar probs with my scotch bonnets..yellowing,being using chilli focus once a week for 3 weeks and plants are green as my other chillis now..a good fertilizer:)

What is in chili focus? I see it for sale online a lot of places but can never see what is in it.

I am having the same problems with mine. I put mine in the garden and they have turned from a pretty green to a greenish yellow. These guys just don't care for red dirt here in Oklahoma. I dosed them good with some MG and hopefully they come out of it. I keep hearing a voice "Patients Luke" Now the ones I planted in pots are doing really good nice green and growing well. So thats why I am saying its the dirt in the garden if the don't show any improvements I am going for some chicken dooooo and mix that with water and give them a dose of that and see what happens. I feel bad for they were doing great from seeds to time I released them to the garden Any ideas I am open willing to try anything No bugs and some leafs are falling off

Praying for a miracle:onfire:

imaguitargod said:
DOH! Sorry, that was posted under the influence. I ment to say fish emulsion.

mate I'm not sure about fish emulsion, closest I get to that is using a liquid seaweed concentrate (Seasol brand) and that works very well.

is Chilli Focus only for hydrogrowers or can it be used outside or for container growers? any tried? I know what the ad says on RBBs link but all discussions I've read seem to 'focus' on hydro usage.

LUCKYDOG said:
Oddly I've been reading MJ growers using Miracle grow patio with *ahem* good looking results
I used mirical grow to help flowering one time with my pot and I must say, it did result in a earlier yeald. But then I went the organic route with them and got even better results.

Back