• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Plastic Nipples

Wow they look great Trini. Another different variety you have opened my eyes up to.

I love this site.

cheers

I was browsing The Chilewoman's site, because, well, because it's a sickness, and I saw this:

BIQUINHO New in 2008
This was one of my favorites from 2007. Adorable small red chiles give rise to its other name: chupetino, or rubber nipple. Sucking on this chile will certainly make you pucker up. Heat: 7, Species: Chinense, Country: Brazil

She's also carrying Aleppo plants.

ALEPPO
This Syrian cayenne has been requested year after year and I finally saved
enough seed to offer it this season. Annuum.

Pam said:
I was browsing The Chilewoman's site, because, well, because it's a sickness, and I saw this:
BIQUINHO New in 2008
This was one of my favorites from 2007. Adorable small red chiles give rise to its other name: chupetino, or rubber nipple. Sucking on this chile will certainly make you pucker up. Heat: 7, Species: Chinense, Country: Brazil
She's also carrying Aleppo plants.

Heat 7 on a Biquino:P I wish she would sell seeds or delivered to Canada.

Plastic nipples indeed! Ridiculous.lol

We have real seasons here. Snowy and beautiful or gloomy and wet Winter, Magnificent Spring, Hot dry pepper filled Summer, and last pepper harvesting/leaf raking/ oktoberfest drinking/ halloween loving Fall.

WOW!!! When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought of baby bottles...Then...Well...You know or can guess where my mind went :oops: :lol: 'uncontrollable Laughter '

whewee...No that is out...I see yet another pepper plant to add to my list...WHEN WILL IT STOP?..WHEN??? Pretty some I'm going to have to sell my house and buy a farm :lol:

mudatvs said:
whewee...No that is out...I see yet another pepper plant to add to my list...WHEN WILL IT STOP?..WHEN???

never. ever. i am continually stopping myself from buying seeds of new varieties for next year now and just sticking them in the fridge.

GrumpyBear said:
never. ever. i am continually stopping myself from buying seeds of new varieties for next year now and just sticking them in the fridge.

Yeah, a seed stash, cause ya never know when you might have to suddenly plant some peppers.

you know i feel that sometimes... i want to plant another 72 cell tray.. only think stopping me is i want to use rapid rooters this time and don't have any... don't know if it's laziness or because i would have too many plants...

I've only eaten them fresh. The ones I grow have no heat but a nice fruity taste. They are full of seeds though:( and difficult to deseed since they are so tiny. With an early start these plant can get quite big and quite productive. Sorry I don't really know the dimensions.

I yanked most of the early flowers but still managed to get my first ripe red rubber nipple.

Potawie, what's the advantage of doing this? does it put more energy into growth of stem/branches rather than fruit?

RS

ring sting said:
Potawie, what's the advantage of doing this? does it put more energy into growth of stem/branches rather than fruit?

RS

That's one of those raging debates, to deflower or not to deflower?

Personally, I pinch back the first few flower buds. Most of my plants are going in the ground, so I want them putting all the energy they can into vegetative and root growth for the first couple of weeks.

I like to cut back flowers to encourage growth(especially with C. annuum's) since the first flush of peppers is minimal anyways
Certain plants, like the chimayo I'm growing, flower and develop heavy pods so quickly that if you let the pods develop the whole tiny plant will fall over from all the weight and it would grow very slowly.

Back