• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Please help me find this sauce

Hey guys, I'm desperate, this looks like an awesome forum, and the best placxe to get help. A few months ago I tried my hand at making salsa, I used a recipe online, and it turned out great. It was incredibly hot, was smooth and creamy, and came out looking yellowish. The only part of the process I really remember is blending it, and I think I worked some vegetables in a sauce pan. I have a big dinner tonight and I'm cooking, and I really want to use this salsa again, but I just don't know what recipe it is. Are these enough clues for someone to recommend what this is?

Thank you so much.

-Josh

Hmmm, thanks for the link, that's half helpful, I didn't find the exact recipe, but I think Tomatillo Salsa Verde is similar. Do you guys think I could cut the amount of tomatillo in there and replace it with something hotter? Like peppers?

bentalphanerd said:
Around here we recommend you do that with all recipes :onfire:
No, no, no... heat = bad!
Just put lots of milk in everything you make, and don't use chile peppers at all if possible (bell are ok). :rolleyes:

:lol:

Haha, thanks guys, maybe I should ask it this way:

How do I make Tomatillo Salsa Verde hotter and spicier?

Haha, thanks, I guess I was just hoping for some finesse, but I bet the finesse is in the result and the process.

It all depends on your tastes squash, and the heat level you're after.

My recommendation... chop a couple of habaneros into the salsa.

I wouldn't cut the quantity of anything else, just whack a couple of extra habs in it!

you could try just adding a chile powder or even some chile juice if you have a juice extractor. that way the authentic flavour of your recipe won't alter very much but you will get the extra heat. I recommend you do not resort to using extracts or commercial sauces as these will definitely alter the flavour, even though they may give you the heat level you are after.

use ground chile powder if you can get it.

Back