• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Please help me to Identify what I grew!!

Hi All,

I grew two types of peppers this summer, and they are ripe now. The problem is, the person who I bought them from on Ebay won't tell me what I grew. Maybe he is behind on his emails or on vacation. Anyhow, I took photos of what are supposed to be the Douglah and the trinidad scorpion, that I grew from seeds that I bought from him.
Judging from the photos, what do you think these are? ANY help would be Much appreciated!! THANKS!!
I tried to share from imageshack, but it did't work :( How can I show you all the photos on this post??

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

THANKS!!!!

Looks like straight up orange and red habanero's. I'd say your Ebay seller didn't come through, probably why he isn't answering your emails.

Looks like straight up orange and red habanero's. I'd say your Ebay seller didn't come through, probably why he isn't answering your emails.

I agree that the Reds might be straight up habaneros...BUT the yellows don't look ANYTHING like Hebaneros!! They look much more like 7 pods!!!!

Wishful thinking. I suppose it's possible but they don't look like any yellow 7 Pot I've ever grown or seen around here. They sure as heck ain't Douglah or Trinidad Scorpions.

Wishful thinking. I suppose it's possible but they don't look like any yellow 7 Pot I've ever grown or seen around here. They sure as heck ain't Douglah or Trinidad Scorpions.
OK..I will post a newer photo of the yellow ones..They are about 3 inches long, very dimpled, creased, and look Nothing like a Habanero pepper...

Thanks for sharing all this knowledge!! I am very glad someone will help with this

Likely not bonnets or habs. Red one looks like some form of Caribbean pepper but likely not a real bonnet

I've always had trouble identifying certain chinenses that look like this. Is there anything that tipped you off into thinking that this is likely a congo type rather than a bonnet? I always assumed pointed bottom = 'hab type' and a lobed, rounded bottom = 'bonnet type'. I always figured congos were a very specific 'bonnet type' but wondering what exactly makes it different appearance wise.

Thanks!

all i can truely say from my exerience is that you have a yellow pepper and a red pepper! you shoudl try them and if you like them they are tasty red or yellow and if not then they are not good tasting yellow or Red! :cool:

how do they taste?

I've always had trouble identifying certain chinenses that look like this. Is there anything that tipped you off into thinking that this is likely a congo type rather than a bonnet? I always assumed pointed bottom = 'hab type' and a lobed, rounded bottom = 'bonnet type'. I always figured congos were a very specific 'bonnet type' but wondering what exactly makes it different appearance wise.

Thanks!

To be honest, red Scotch bonnets rarely seem to have the desirable Tam shape so it could be bonnets in the pic.
I didn't say anything about a congo, just Caribbean. Most often Caribbean peppers are fat and they usually have their seeds clustered at the top of the pod and are often ribbed or multi-lobed.
Habaneros are a very specific variety although many people wrongfully use it to describe all (or many of) the C. chinenses. Having a pointed bottom does not make them habs or hab type, they have to be real habaneros with hab flavor and shape, and originate from the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico

Back