• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Podlover's glog 2019

Hello all,
In anticipation of the new season I thought I'd start my glog. Plan is tot sow in february maybe using some T8's or like last year just on the window sill. Mid may everything goes in my 2 greenhouses.

I have 3 Reapers, 2 Habanero Mustards, 1 Mme. Jeanette and 3 7pod Caramels(1red pheno, 2 caramel) overwintering. All sown feb 2018 except the Mme.Jeanette in feb 2017.
2019-01-08 20.47.19.jpg
2019-01-08 20.46.28.jpg

New seeds for this season are:
Anaheim
Hungarian Hot Wax
Naga Morich
Pimientos de Padrón
Rocoto Yellow
7 Pod Brain Strain Red
7 Pod Bubblegum
7 Pot Congo SR Gigantic Red
Tabasco
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Red

And Serrano & Jalapeno which I also grew last season.
Can't wait to get started!

Matt's seeds took they're time germinating so he dropped in some more....those also decided to drag some a$$, so he dropped in another batch, and then another and finally one more...after it was all said and done he is now at 140 plants when a 40 plant limit was set. Man that guy is dumb eh........deerrrrrrrrrrp :crazy: 

:whistle:

Sorry bad joke but aye I spose moral of the story is I was very impatient and still having straglers pop well over a month after I dropped them in.

Kudos, Matty!

And good on ya for fessin' up to the fact you
have a terrible addiction to planting seeds  :rofl:

Podlover - take his message to heart!

Don't worry Paul, if they all germinated by now that would be insane. Not even two weeks yet. I've never had such fast germination.

Planning on sowing the sweet peppers this weekend though.

Podlover said:
At least you have enough plants, good job I'd say!
That is the bright side in all of that absolutely and I am grateful for it...sadly I do not have the room for all those plants if I want to grow anything else this year, and potentially not have a divorce suit on my hands. /yikes
So at least half of those have to be cut out somehow , either sold, given away or tossed on the window sills which is not ideal but I hate to just toss them out into the garbage.

@ Paul - You suck btw     :seeya:  

J/K

Again none today. The helmet is already growing out of his helmet. One bubblegum has no leaves haha, just a stem. It does bend toward the light tho, I'm gonna leave him and see what he does, though I doubt hes gonna survive.

Sounds like you are close to having
what you need for the hotter part
of your grow.

Hope the sweet pepper seeds do well
for you.

Mixed bag there, Burt. On the bright side,
you have enough to go forward, it looks
like. Good luck with those!

I guess the BBG will have to go
on the list for next season!

3 aconcaqua's germinated yesterday,no hots.

I have room for 60 plants in the greenhouses; 32 for hot peppers, 12 sweet peppers and 16 tomatoes. If the hot waxes don't come up what should I put in the 2 extra spots?

Podlover said:
3 aconcaqua's germinated yesterday,no hots.

I have room for 60 plants in the greenhouses; 32 for hot peppers, 12 sweet peppers and 16 tomatoes. If the hot waxes don't come up what should I put in the 2 extra spots?
You have an excellent list of peppers already.
Keep it in the Nightshade family .
Eggplant?

karoo said:
You have an excellent list of peppers already.
Keep it in the Nightshade family .
Eggplant?
I've been thinking about this, shouldn't you at least get a warning or maybe even a ban for trying to talk me into not growing more peppers? J/k

1x big red today, no hots.

Helmet on the second rocoto, lost him today,did not make it through surgery.

1x corno di toro giallo
1x big red

Thats all today.

If the rest of the chinese or rocoto don't germinate, I have exactly that number of other chinese's extra so geuss it's a no brainer what's going to happen.

Back