• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Podlover's glog 2019

Hello all,
In anticipation of the new season I thought I'd start my glog. Plan is tot sow in february maybe using some T8's or like last year just on the window sill. Mid may everything goes in my 2 greenhouses.

I have 3 Reapers, 2 Habanero Mustards, 1 Mme. Jeanette and 3 7pod Caramels(1red pheno, 2 caramel) overwintering. All sown feb 2018 except the Mme.Jeanette in feb 2017.
2019-01-08 20.47.19.jpg
2019-01-08 20.46.28.jpg

New seeds for this season are:
Anaheim
Hungarian Hot Wax
Naga Morich
Pimientos de Padrón
Rocoto Yellow
7 Pod Brain Strain Red
7 Pod Bubblegum
7 Pot Congo SR Gigantic Red
Tabasco
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion Red

And Serrano & Jalapeno which I also grew last season.
Can't wait to get started!

This is gonna be it:

4x jalapeno
3x serrano
4x pimientos de padron
3x anaheim
4x tabasco
3x Trinidad moruga Scorpion red
3x naga morich
3x 7pod brain strain red
3x 7pod congo sr gigantic red
1x 7pod bubblegum
1x rocoto yellow
+ my ow's.

Transplanted all the chinense's, the rocoto, 1jal, 1tabasco, 1pimientos and 1anaheim into 3L pots(only room for 18). These will stay under the TL's untill plantout.
2019-03-17 17.02.37.jpg

The rest is planted in smaller pots on the windowsill.
2019-03-17 16.53.51.jpg

On the right are the sweet peppers still waiting to be transplanted. I have no room left so I will need to make something so these and the tomatoes can go above the peppers on the windowsill.

Really Looking good, Burt! The
three-liter Pot-ups look great!

You have a nice selection of
peppers to carry into the Summer!

Too bad about the OW hab and the prognosis on the remaining one.  I had a couple OW's give up the ghost fairly recently, both were a few years old.  Sometimes they just seem to die and for no apparent reason. 

Hope you can manage those guys through plant-out  ;)  They look like they're about ready to start getting big!

Your grow is really taking off, Burt.
Those plants are going to get big
fast once they go outside to the
greenhouse in May!

Finally they're all outside! Had quite some trouble with aphids and despite taking the time to harden them of most got quite a bit of sunscald.

Also lost 5 of the 9 ow's, got 2 reapers, 1 7pod caramel and the mme Jeannette left.

They seem to be doing ok now, they're only just in the ground but are getting new growth. Some aphids still left, am hoping for the local bugs to take care of what's left of them.

All in all some setbacks but I'm still positive. If the sun does its job I'm sure they will grow like mad soon enough.

IMG_20190526_152452.jpg
IMG_20190526_152431.jpg

Been a while since I posted so geuss I'll post some news. Plants are doing ok, wont be my best season but all are starting to flower or setting pods.

I'll get some more pics soon but for now here is my yellow rocoto, my first pube

IMG_20190720_204610.jpg
IMG_20190720_204633.jpg

Pimientos de Padrón below, lots of flowers and small pods. Can't see them well on the pics because of the dense canopy. Have 4 of them.
IMG_20190721_092643.jpg

The only plant without flowers atm is the 7 Pod Bubblegum. This one got hit hard with aphids and also suffered from sunscald. It's not big but looking healthy now. Hope the season is long enough so I can harvest some pods.
IMG_20190721_092736.jpg

This is one of the ow reapers:
IMG_20190723_105617.jpg

7 Pod brain strain red:
IMG_20190723_105656.jpg

All plants are defenetly growing everyday now and looking healthy. Going to try some crosses soon and isolating some flowers for seed harvest.

Would like to try and cross a sweet pepper, aconcagua(big fruit), with a super hot. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of cross?

A big stick I use to support the weight of my tomatoes fell on the yellow rocoto.. Right in the middle of the plant. Luckely only a few shoots broke, it looked far worse but it's not to bad.
Thought I might as well try and clone them rather then toss them in the compost. Let's see what happens.

Back