grills Post pics of your smoker or grill

Only took a hour to build. Cant wait to use this bad boy. Loading her up with some hickory and dropping some grub. Pics to come.

30530567_1667005263386733_6721932592028844032_n.jpg

They say the best BBQ is with blue smoke.

This is how we would normally run a BBQ down here.

20171108_191926.jpg

Smokers are not all that popular here (not unheard of and picking up in popularity).

But I just bought this last weekend and haven't even had the chance to put it together yet.

20180411_142334.jpg

Stand by for my adventures and misadventures while I learn how to use it.   :P

Meet the Good Neighbor, here arriving before its first firing. AFAIK this is the only Masterbuilt offset on SMF

good_neighbor.jpg

It has a lot of fun. BTW that Lodge casserole under there is named The Lifeboat.

turkey_done.jpg

Then there is DaWeber,a 22 which was a rescue that arrived in rough shape.

daweber_arrives.jpg

I put the stock legs back on, but why stop there? With some steel conduit for legs, I made a Lowboy version which is 21 inches tall, like armrest height for someone sitting in a patio chair

dastubbyweber.jpg

But why stop there? That conduit comes in 10-foot lengths. 120 / 3 = 40 so thus is born the StratoKettle whichc is closer to a bar table height for people standing

stratokettle.jpg

There is also a Lodge Sportsman

DSCN0342.JPG

And, just for the heck if it - this is an old grill we found in a city park when I organized an invasive honeysuckle removal. It was completely surrounded in brush and invisible until we cleared around it. So I went back later with a friend and fired it up for the first time in who knows how long, probably decades.

rivergrill3.jpg

rivergrill2.jpg

I admit to being a history dweeb.

I have almost that exact offset but the firebox is on the left and wheels are metal. It was made by Masterbuilt but the brand name was BBQ Pro (for K-Mart/Sears)... had it since 2008 or 9 and it has held up, but I don't use it that much anymore.

Whoa I see PHIL browsing. PHIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back