• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Post Pictures of your collection or fridge!

Here's my new display cabinet!

100_0536.jpg

It looks perfect in my dining room!

100_0538.jpg

I LOVE IT!!

Well i tried the Defcon........

Holy hell it was bloody hot.......Not just a burn heat but a real sting heat at I haven't had before.....

Unfortunatly I have to say that this stuff was Bloody awful stuff.....

No offence Defcon, I know you have a massive following so all is good but for me this is really really bad stuff.....

The smell and taste both made me want to throw up just to get a better taste in my mouth.....

Ok enough of that. I think it's just that here in Australia we are used to a different type of all natural chilli sauce, and this sauce is not to our taste. I say "our" cause I don't know any aussie that's tasted it that's actually liked it....

Like I said, no offence mate. Horses for courses!!!! For me this sauce is one of those sauces that you keep in the fridge to blow your mate's head off with the heat, but that's it....

No offense taken dude. The DM-MKII stuff is nothing like our 'regular' products. As many have stated around here, it's a good additive to stuff like BBQ sauce, as it blends very well with other thick sauces. Me mainly made it to hurt people.

DEFCON Creator said:
No offense taken dude. The DM-MKII stuff is nothing like our 'regular' products. As many have stated around here, it's a good additive to stuff like BBQ sauce, as it blends very well with other thick sauces. Me mainly made it to hurt people.

Don't worry mate.....It hurt me...:) and very quickly I might add. The heat hit me with such intensity and speed that I was a bit shocked at first and started to worry about what heat was still to come.....:lol: and the heat lasted for ages......

I really shouldn't of had a large teaspoon of the stuff as i was in serious pain for a very long time...:rofl:

Now I think about it Defcon, you are right.....The Mk2 would be good as an additive in a BBQ sauce......might even be good to put a little in my jerky mixture...:hell:

Hmmmmm, no problem really. Why would you want to include something in your jerky that tastes worse than your own vomit?

paulky_2000 said:
vomit?

Could it really be that bad?

We aussies on this site, for the most part have a very different view on what makes a chilli sauce.....and the MK2 is most certainly not to our taste.

If you go through the forum you will see that the aussies are very much all natural tomato based sauces with heaps of natural flavours that aren't boiled down for long periods, they are boiled to soften the mix then they go straight into the blender after only a few minutes and Xanthan (spelling?) Gum is added. This isn't always the case but for the most part that's what we are used to.

moyboy said:
We aussies on this site, for the most part have a very different view on what makes a chilli sauce.....and the MK2 is most certainly not to our taste.

If you go through the forum you will see that the aussies are very much all natural tomato based sauces with heaps of natural flavours that aren't boiled down for long periods, they are boiled to soften the mix then they go straight into the blender after only a few minutes and Xanthan (spelling?) Gum is added. This isn't always the case but for the most part that's what we are used to.

Makes sense!:)

moyboy said:

I think you might be missing the point that mk2 is not hot sauce, more so an additive. from what I understand

chilehunter said:
I think you might be missing the point that mk2 is not hot sauce, more so an additive. from what I understand

Yeah Defcon Explained that an I do see the possible uses for it as such but I would be very careful as to what I added it to so as not to destroy the taste...

The DM-MKII has been used by a few folks in jerky. They didn't need very much, so the other flavors in the jerky stood out more. Yeah, it was hot.

Back