• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Post Your Favorite Coronavirus Antiseptic

solid7 said:
Looks like I'm in lockdown until October, minimum.  So, I am starting to buy premium sanitizers, to keep me extra safe.

50061167522_aa526719a7_c.jpg
Good plan.  We're going to stock-up on antiseptic this week.  Over the holiday weekend we're prepping for another shutdown.  

boutros said:
Today mine is this.  As it is on other days.  I actually am a botanist.  In a George Costanza marine biologist way.

Does that mean that you cut flowers in your local supermarket?

Impeccable timing.  It's a great time to start thinking about hygiene and health again.  Hopefully, we're all able to wipe our bums!
50785349702_127821fb1e_z.jpg

50785250846_3714c2f868_z.jpg

For whatsoever way in which 2020 sucked, it was certainly a great year for antiseptics.

Heck yeah!  I'm not a fan of blended antiseptics, but Toki passes as a good Irish antiseptic, and The Yamazaki is just a good single malt antiseptic, any way you slice it.  Have you had the 18 year?

solid7 said:
Heck yeah!  I'm not a fan of blended antiseptics, but Toki passes as a good Irish antiseptic, and The Yamazaki is just a good single malt antiseptic, any way you slice it.  Have you had the 18 year?
No luck yet. Getting my hands on a Yamazaki was an achievement on its own for me. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

solid7 said:
No luck yet. Getting my hands on a Yamazaki was an achievement on its own for me. Lol.

saiias said:

Last time I saw a bottle of it, it was selling for $1K.
Get this, though...  while the average pour - if you disinfect outside the house - runs about $450, I found a local place that has old stock, and some "co-op" ethics.  They pour Yamazaki 18 for $40, for a full 2oz. pour.  I drank almost the whole bottle myself (not all in one visit, of course). :D
By the way, I can get the 12 all day long locally.  I think it can be had right now for about $150 (although I don't know for sure without checking)  I mean...  If times get hard, and you need the hookup.

solid7 said:

Last time I saw a bottle of it, it was selling for $1K.
Get this, though...  while the average pour - if you disinfect outside the house - runs about $450, I found a local place that has old stock, and some "co-op" ethics.  They pour Yamazaki 18 for $40, for a full 2oz. pour.  I drank almost the whole bottle myself (not all in one visit, of course). :D
By the way, I can get the 12 all day long locally.  I think it can be had right now for about $150 (although I don't know for sure without checking)  I mean...  If times get hard, and you need the hookup.
Thanks for the solid offer. I coughed up $175.

Cracked open a couple more xmas presents.

The CC rye is a bit pretty for a straight pour but is a damn fine player in mixed drinks.

Rye & ginger with dash of bitters was nice, and is even better in a straight up rye and coke.

PXL-20210101-030928183.jpg

Rum gets a bad rep sometimes, but there are some like this that are just beautiful sippers.

PXL-20210101-040733764.jpg

Back