Post Your Oktoberfest!

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
It's time for Oktoberfest seasonals. Post yours!

Currently drinking:

Blue Point Oktoberfest.... very nice.

OH, bloody hell.......I just finished the last of last year's home brew Oktoberfest.....It was a very nice drop!!

We don't get the Oktoberfest range you guys can get in the US...:(

Another day of 100 plus heat in the big dry ditch has me lacking in enthusiasm for Octoberfest just yet. I'm drinking cheap non Reinheitsgebot insert adjunct of choice here, lawnmower brewhaha. It's a very sad tale indeed.

Salute', TB.

imaguitargod said:
Tomarrow I'll be going to Cleveland's Oktoberfest and drinking a TON of them!!!! List will be posted on Saturday.

Bastard! Probably in cool mid 80's temps too! Pound a few for moi. Oh wait...will lederhosen and wench's be involved?

Prost! TB.

cheezydemon said:
Or sunday, more likely?;)
No, I have to work Saturday, so it'll be saturday.

texas blues said:
Bastard! Probably in cool mid 80's temps too! Pound a few for moi. Oh wait...will lederhosen and wench's be involved?

Prost! TB.

Wenchs yes, lederhosen only if I find a very good pair to buy (which you generally can't find the authentic leather lederhosen). It'll be in the upper 70's probably.

If I actually had a pair of lederhosen I'd probably wear it everyday, that shit's comfortable.

The temperature just dropped here so I literally switched from summer beer to Oktoberfest today. This Blue Point is a very fine one!

Looking forward to your reporting IGG.

What? No camera! What a rip off. I was gettin' all jacked up for big chested wench's carrying multiple litre's of german style lager to sausage and cheese eating drunken sots!

Prost! TB.

Do pumpkin ales count as Ocktoberfests? Dogfishhead's is coming out soon. I just had another good one, but I can't remember who makes it. Had too many Urthels tonight.

texas blues said:
What? No camera! What a rip off. I was gettin' all jacked up for big chested wench's carrying multiple litre's of german style lager to sausage and cheese eating drunken sots!

Prost! TB.

Sorry dude. My folks are taking the Nikon and I sure don't feel like lugging around my old POS digital camera....plus the flash doesn't work....

JayT said:
Do pumpkin ales count as Ocktoberfests? Dogfishhead's is coming out soon. I just had another good one, but I can't remember who makes it. Had too many Urthels tonight.
Smuttynose? That's the best IMO. I can't wait to get some.

Ok fine. THP, no it wasn't Smuttynose. I still can't remember. Maybe when I sober up a little I will remember. My bartender friend is a homebrewer as well, and kept feeding me his beer as well as all the other stuff I drank tonight. I had Hoegaarden, Blanche de Bruxelles, Flying Dog barleywine, Domaine duPaige, New Holland Zoomer (wheat beer) and three of his homebrews (which he does in the basement of the bar - and very well I may add).

Are pumpkin beers traditional?

I thought they were reasonably new. (like last 30 years)

Either way, I'll take a Maerzen over a pumpkin most days.

Sam Adams really has a pretty decent one, haven't seen it yet.

I am so glad to see people here that know that oktoberfest is in September!;)

*Ahhh! rests comfortably among fellow beer snobs*

Back