Post Your Oktoberfest!

BTW, THP, I finally remembered that Pumpkin beer I was trying to think of, it was Southern Tier Pumking the best pumpkin ale I have had.

Wait, they are both branded PumKing? Strange no one got sued.

Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale

Looks like IGGY's failing all over the place tonight.

Nova, add 2!

can u guys even image that i live like 400km from where the "actual" octoberfest takes place and i dont care about visiting it ? :shocked:

ohmatic said:
can u guys even image that i live like 400km from where the "actual" octoberfest takes place and i dont care about visiting it ? :shocked:
No, I cannot imagine that! Why, is it a huge tourist trap? Like living by Disney?

thehotpepper.com said:
No, I cannot imagine that! Why, is it a huge tourist trap? Like living by Disney?

well for two reasons, the outrageously insane beer prices :crazy: and the fact that i am likely to die there given how bad i am in controlling my own alcohol intake ;)

ohmatic said:

I'm only 220 km away, my wife is from Munich and the four oldest sons live in and around Munich and I don't care for Oktoberfest either!

thehotpepper.com said:
Why, is it a huge tourist trap? Like living by Disney?

Exactly! Too many drunk Japanese, Americans, Aussies and Canadians!;):lol: Everything is very expensive. The old traditions are fading or being swapped for fake pseudo-traditional hokum.

Armadillo said:
I'm only 220 km away, my wife is from Munich and the four oldest sons live in and around Munich and I don't care for Oktoberfest either!

Exactly! Too many drunk Japanese, Americans, Aussies and Canadians!;):lol: Everything is very expensive. The old traditions are fading or being swapped for fake pseudo-traditional hokum.

Really? I thought the Germans invented midget tossing for Octoberfest over 150 years ago!

Salute',TB.

grilla001.jpg

For the price,
I have to give SA the win.

Oktoberfest beers?

I like to go to the source. SPATEN's Oktoberfest UR MÃ…RZEN is good and drinkable but I prefer PAULANER's Marzen.

For something different see if you can find THE KAISER by Avery. It's an "Imperial" Oktoberfest.

Michelob MARZEN?!?!?!?

How is Michelob the only brand to have the cajones to call an oktoberfest by it's real name????

Their pumpkin ale is really pretty good too!!

When is the apocalypse????(No I didn't try the marzen;))

Back