Post Your Oktoberfest!

Tonight's Oktoberfest:

Beck's Oktoberfest

Not bad. Not great though, IMO. Has that same Beck's quality that I don't love. Can deal with it though ;)

I find myself "trying" to like this one. Naah. Kinda sucky. The Blue Point is sooooooooo much better!

thehotpepper.com said:
Tonight's Oktoberfest:

Beck's Oktoberfest

Not bad. Not great though, IMO. Has that same Beck's quality that I don't love. Can deal with it though ;)

I haven't had the Becks Octo but I'm betting it's all for export, just like their other brewhaha's. I'm waiting for the Spaten Octo to show up here in the big dry ditch.

Prost! TB.

The Beck's ain't worth it. Pick up the Blue Point if you see it!

thehotpepper.com said:
The Beck's ain't worth it. Pick up the Blue Point if you see it!

Like I said on the Becks....if'n the German's ain't drinkin' it....

I'll have a lookey see on the Blue Point. Thanks.

Prost! TB.

cheezydemon said:
Sam Adams really has a pretty decent one, haven't seen it yet.

This one's @ my local store. I got a sixer of it last weekend. It's pretty darn tasty, but then again I hardly classify as a beer snob.

One of my favorite seasonal beers is Boulevard's Bob's '49. Really looking forward to that one.

texas blues said:
Like I said on the Becks....if'n the German's ain't drinkin' it....

I'll have a lookey see on the Blue Point. Thanks.

Prost! TB.
I got the Beck's cheap and there's a mail in rebate LOL. $4.99 total for 6, in NYC.

thehotpepper.com said:
I got the Beck's cheap and there's a mail in rebate LOL. $4.99 total for 6, in NYC.

What? Get outta' town dad!! I never heard of a rebate for beer! Crazy man, crazy.

Salute', TB.

ImpyChick said:
This one's @ my local store. I got a sixer of it last weekend. It's pretty darn tasty, but then again I hardly classify as a beer snob.

One of my favorite seasonal beers is Boulevard's Bob's '49. Really looking forward to that one.

If you appreciate a real oktoberfest, then you are really close to earning your beer snob card.

Do you buy Bud lite, miller lite, or coors?

Alright, so here's the list of beers from last night:
Great Lakes Brewing Co- Oktoberfest
Rocky River Brewing Company - Oktoberfest
Cornerstone Brewing Company - Oktoberfest Lager & Smoked Keller
Rock Bottom Brewery - Can't remember but it was a Lager
The Brew Kettle - Oktoberfest & Munich Helles
Thirsty Dog Brewing Company - Barktoberfest
Fat Heads Brewery - Oktoberfest and some other lager
Gordon Biersch Brewing Company - Fiestbier
Willoughby Brewing Company - Vienna Lager & Railway Razz
Goose Island of Chicago - Harvest Ale
Cellar Rats Brewery - Oktoberfest Lager & some sort of stout/porter
Ohio Brewing Company - Oktoberfest

Yes...all within a few hours...

Nice going Herr Passow! I went looking for Octo here in the big dry ditch. Nada. Nien. Nyet. I'll have to go down by the strip to the Hofbrau joint. Ugh! i loathe the strip on weekends. I have a heap load of Carta Blanca in the big 25oz. bottles. Not bad for Mexican lawnmower and they are the best bottles hands down for homebrewhaha.

Salute', TB.

IGG, I cracked open the ice cold Brooklyn Oktoberfest.

Ultimate WIN! Crisp, yet bold!

cheezydemon said:
If you appreciate a real oktoberfest, then you are really close to earning your beer snob card.

Do you buy Bud lite, miller lite, or coors?

Yes, Miller Lite is usually what I stock in my fridge & what I get @ the bar. It's not necessarily because I love the taste...but it's what I can afford. I've had lots of great beers, but I don't have the means to drink them all the time or seek out lots of new (or rather, new to me) stuff. However, I do make an exception when it comes to Fall seasonal beers.

Just picked up a growler of Blue Point Oktoberfest at Whole Foods, the free hat and coasters sold me, THP's endorsement didn't hurt either. They were out of Smuttynose Oktoberfest (my go to Oktoberfest brew) but they had the Smuttynose pumpkin on sale so i decided to give that a shot.

Haven't tried the Bluepoint yet but just finished 2 of the pumpkins.

Poured a burnt orange. Nice lace with about a 1 inch head that dissipated quickly. Smelled of nutmeg and cinnamon, more reminiscent of pumpkin pie than pumpkin. Tastes as it smells, finishes slightly bitter which balances the sweet vanilla, nutmeg and pumpkin up front. IMO Nothing to write home about but definitely very drinkable, maybe i'm just not a fan of pumpkins, this might be my first.
oktoberfest.jpg

More Blue Point Oktoberfest tonight!
PLUS a Dogfish Head Punkin Ale to have with din-din.

How do you like the BP, UnNatural?

I liked the BP, was a good Oktoberfest but i think my tastebuds aren't ready for the fall and winter yet. I find myself still reaching for the Dogfishhead 90 and Stone AB.

Back