food Post your RELLENOS

ok as it turns out, I completely forgot to take the final pics with the pol keys before they were devoured...but I have pics of the whole process and the keys in the first picture lol so pics and story soon to come

I'm having some computer technical difficulties, but here's some of it.

Broth as promised

broth-1.jpg

Cooked up the chorizo then added habanero cheddar

chorizo.jpg

chorizocheese.jpg

Broil poblanos to scorch, then peel, then deseed then stuff. try to maintain pepper integrity

peeledpeppers.jpg

Broil tomatoes and peppers then peel tomatoes and then blend everything together. This is there the vitamix comes in handy

roastedtomato.jpg

Fry up half a white onion then add tomato pepper puree and broth and reduce till thick / nape. I like to blend the final product

saucecooking.jpg

blendedsauce.jpg

This last part has to be done with good timing. Heat up the oil and then make the foam batter. Whip up 3 egg whites to a merengue then add two egg yolks, salt and a tbs of flour. Drench stuffed peppers and fry as quickly as possible

batter.jpg

unsauced.jpg

bisection.jpg

Don't know why everything is upsides down. I have two more pics if I can ever get my computer on. On my iPad now meh

Holy hot blue and righteous!

You used an egg meringue batter.

Scovie is gonna' shit!

I've heard of that technique before but never tried it myself but your results look awesome.

The whole plate up looks fantastical.

Wish there was a close in money shot though.

Food looks great. The whole vibe reminds me of friends place down there ...

I'll never forget the mango tree in the backyard (note: wild iguanas), but it's really the Atlantic breeze that makes it so different over there, I think ...

The Gulf completely lacks that breeze ...

Used to spend a lot of time partying down there ... but now I don't own pants or shoes, so that's out ...

Big B I'm loving the rellenos!  You really came through with a great example of a personal favorite.  I'll take three of em and down a couple beers then fall asleep on your couch a happy man.  If you like Woodford Reserve I'd recommend you try some Elmer T Lee; great small batch bourbon from the Buffalo Trace distillery.  At $25 its a great value.

Most awesome! I will be cooking and posting tomorrow (damm dentist appointment!). But now I know I gots teh bring it!

Well done sir!

I will create a single post with both of our pictures in it for voting.

View attachment 16397

BigB, the PoL only needed to be in one photo at some point, you got that covered.  Good to go~ 
And DAYEUMMM Fine looking goods~~~~!!!

Chipotles in Adobo sauce with a tad of chicken stock gettin all happy.

View attachment 16410

View attachment 16411

In the bottom of the smoker/pressure cooker added a layer of white onions, shaved garlic and 1-1/2 cups chicken stock. Put 6 Cherry chips in the smoking cup and set it for Cold Smoke for 15 minutes. When that's done I will leave the lid on and set it for High Pressure cook for 45 minutes.

View attachment 16412

View attachment 16413

Gotta fire up the grill to burn some tomatoes and chiles.

BOOM!

You can barely see a whisp of smoke coming out of the vent hole at the top. Mmmmm

View attachment 16414

Back