• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Potawie's fall progress 2009

Its almost fall so I figured I'd start a new thread. We've already had a couple of frosts here in Potawie-land but many plants are still producing quite well so a lot have been moved into the greenhouse. I tried to take a greenhouse pic but my batteries just died. I did however get a pic of what I just harvested, and that along with my tomato harvest should keep me busy for quite a while

3937561647_f283654c6a.jpg

Potawie,

We haven't had a frost yet, but I'm thinking about ending my season, at least the outdoor part, except for maybe a couple of paprika, sweet bell and jalapeno peppers. But my harvest will pale in comparison to yours!

Great job, guy!

Mike

Awesome harvest as usual. What are those red chineses in the second picture? Antillais Caribbean?

great harvest Derek....one of these days I (hopefully) will be able to have harvests as large as you do...

I'm sure you'll have some huge harvest soon AJ, while I'm covered in snow:)

Here's a quick pic of my greenhouse.

3940828179_c9db23626d.jpg

I haven't moved my biggest plants in yet, I need to cut the roots (and top) back to make them movable since they are quite heavy the way they are in half barrels

your grow set up is to die for my friend...this will extend your grow time how much?...one month 6 weeks?.....

I have some 25 gallon containers I am going to try and plant a couple of overwinters in next spring...do you find the plants grow larger in them than 5/7/10 gallon containers?

The last pic I found from my greenhouse last year was Oct 21st, so Hopefully I get another month of growing.
As for pot size, I always try to pot up when plants get rootbound. I have some first year(and 2nd & 3rd) plants that are rootbound in 25 gallon containers, and some overwintered plants that are doing fine in 7 and 10 gallon pots, although its mostly my overwintered plants that need the giant containers

They have a fairly typical red chinense taste but not as pungent as red habs like Caribbean red or red savina.

This year I had under 100 pepper plants which is less than most years, and right now I probably have about 60-70 plants left after ditching anything that won't produce any more

Potawie,
I always look forward to seeing your harvest pics, they are always so colorful and bountiful. I also envy your set up and just wish I had the room that you do. It must be really neat to be able to walk out into your greenhouse and play with your plants when there is snow on the ground.

Back