• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Prayers and Story for our friends with Matthew

oldsalty said:
Hey i live in a mobile home park lets not be saying that i've had enough bad breaks :)

Many of us are stuck no money no were to go and have pets. It's really freaky to be stuck and hoping for the best. 
no offense intended OS, I just meant that they always seem to go interview people in the mobile home parks when there is a natural disaster.  I am wishing you the best my friend.  I am sure you will be fine.  I have yet to see anything predicting that the storm will come in-land.  By the time it gets to you it should just be a big rainmaker and a bit windy.  

JayT said:
no offense intended OS, I just meant that they always seem to go interview people in the mobile home parks when there is a natural disaster.  I am wishing you the best my friend.  I am sure you will be fine.  I have yet to see anything predicting that the storm will come in-land.  By the time it gets to you it should just be a big rainmaker and a bit windy.  
Oh killer and no offense taken my brother :)   Last i heard we were expected to see 100+ but that was a few hours ago i'm in zone B but they arre having mandatory evac for my area.

I just saw that it should be a cat 2 and coming off the coast by the time it hits you.  They are saying that it should only be 60-70mph winds in-land there.

You don't underestimate hurricanes Jay, that's what happened with Sandy in the North. Sometimes the wind is not the problem, it's the water. 

JayT said:
I just saw that it should be a cat 2 and coming off the coast by the time it hits you.  They are saying that it should only be 60-70mph winds in-land there.
Cool Thanks for the update just talking with Heather at work they are closing the store friday or sat depending on the outcome.  She's going to let them know. Man that would be great if it just dies down. We are in the middle of the woods here with lots of wet lands. As thp pointed out the water can be a real issue the last storm we had there were 65 mph winds but the ground was so wet a couple of giant oaks across the street from us just fell over. That is our biggest concern. And my VA insurance does't cover our home. And sadly we have been unable to get insurance because of the water table here. No one want's to start a policy. Just making Heather and i crazy.

I think it's going to loop back around, hitting The East coast of Florida twice ...

Melbourne hard, tomorrow, then a few days later as a tropical storm ...

They are expecting it to do semicircle once it hits the coast that's why it may pull back away from the coast when it gets to SC.

Public service announcement:

14470578_10154423536876550_4276965799272571807_n (1).jpg

oldsalty said:
Lets hope so. Grant how's it looking were you are ?
They don't show much for us, it's weird ...

I guess the eye is off-center to the West within the system, so they aren't predicting beyond 25 mph winds here at this time.

And they aren't forecasting much rain either ...

It doesn't really make sense given the size of it, and how close they predict the eye will be to S. Florida - but we'll see ...

Hoping I can TD - bwahaha ...

oldsalty said:
JayT  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:    The old flying dolphin trick gotcha what about gators same deal ?   :)
that's for hurricanes in the gulf.
grantmichaels said:
They don't show much for us, it's weird ...

I guess the eye is off-center to the West within the system, so they aren't predicting beyond 25 mph winds here at this time.

And they aren't forecasting much rain either ...

It doesn't really make sense given the size of it, and how close they predict the eye will be to S. Florida - but we'll see ...

Hoping I can TD - bwahaha ...
The eye is very off center to the west and south of the storm, this morning it was measured at 731 miles wide and the eye is around 50-75 miles from the west edge.

Yeah tricky devils. They say 105 mph when it hits Charleston right now that's still serious. Then heading to us.  Big gators in the marsh here i wonder if they will be protected from the storm?

Hell yeah never understood that. Whatever the process the end result as the boss pointed out is what's truly important. And i can't wait to try sous vide as soon as some cash flow loosens up i'm all over that.  :)
It was like me cooking the chuckie on the smoker then into the slow cooker to add that beefy smoky punch to my stock. It's just a process to get that perfect end result. It's funny but there really no rules for great food outside of the only thing you really need. Passion  for Good food and good music !   :) Laissez les bon temps rouler !

Back