• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Problem after fruiting

Hello my friends! My plants have been acting out lately. It seems that after they fruit they start to turn yellow and lose vitality. Could this be related to nutrients? What should I give them after they have been fully harvested?

It seems that I am going through problem after problem. That is no surprise considering this is my first time growing chiles. Thank God I have you guys to turn to.

Caribbean red starting to set fruit:
26072008222.jpg

Caribbean red recently harvested:
26072008223.jpg

Caribbean red two weeks after being harvested:
26072008224.jpg

Needs more Nitrogen, and Epsom salt would do that plant wonders too.

Add to soil and spray on and under leaves in the morning or night, 1 tblspoon + gallon distilled water.

RichardK said:
Needs more Nitrogen, and Epsom salt would do that plant wonders too.

Add to soil and spray on and under leaves in the morning or night, 1 tblspoon + gallon distilled water.

Got to agree with you rich my plants a have looked fantastic since i started using epson salts..usally use it once a month

pics..

mini-DSC02165.jpg

mini-DSC02169.jpg

mini-DSC02161.jpg

mini-DSC02163.jpg

You can use Epsom salt diluted one table spoon per gallon weekly bases till plants recover that will bring back dark green natural color also good luck with your plants.

gotta agree with all Andres...the plant may be just tired after child birthing and needs something to eat and some vitamins..

Im using triple 15 fertilizer. But there has been so much rain lately, I think it is all washing away. Thanks for all your tips!

Back