• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Purple Bhut

I read a topic some time ago about the purple Bhut and someone asking for a picture.

BhutJolokiaPurple1.jpg

Thanks @all

Romy6 no not yet it is the first one at decent photograph size, there are more but all still a bit smaller. It is still on the plant as I don't know if it will ripen purple or eventualy turns red as some peppers do.

Nice shot. Ive seen a few on the internet but not as nice as yours. Got one growing too and flowering now. Cant wait for the first pods to show up..

First the pods are more greenish, a couple of days, then when they are about 1 cm they start to turn purple.

The plant and the leafes are a bit purple to.

Wow. That is a beautiful pod.

Are the purple bhuts considered stable yet?

Can't tell you I got them by trade, I have 4 plants in isolation and 3 or 4 outside (O.P). because I had more plants than I could isolate and found it to diffucult to trow them away.

From the 4 I have isolated 1 plant gives thes purple pods, 1 other gives more purpl-brownish pods which I will take a picture of soon and post here, the other 2 has only small pods and is to early to tell if they are purple like the one a posted the picture of.

Where in the world are you getting purple bhuts from? That is awesome and I want one now

I traded with someone for them last year. And now I have some nice plants with the first pods. When they are ripe I will harvest some seeds and trade you or sell them to you if you like.

PM me your email address and I will inform you when I have harvested and dried the seeds.

Back