• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Questions about my Habaneros

DrHavanger said:
Plants prop need magnesium, mix 1 tablespoon of epsom salts with a gallon of water and spray it on the leaves.

I always thought it was 1tsp per gallon. Maybe thats why I am not seeing spectacular results :dunno:

Tomato and Peppers
Magnesium deficiency in the soil may be one reason your tomato leaves yellow between the leaf veins late in the season and fruit production slows down. Test your soil every 3 years or so to check on nutrient levels. Epsom salts can keep plants greener and bushier, enhance production of healthier fruit later in the season, and potentially help reduce blossom-end rot. Apply 1 tablespoon of granules around each transplant, or spray a solution of 1 tablespoon Epsom salts per gallon of water at transplanting, first flowering, and fruit set.

Epsom salts are available in drug and grocery stores. Epsom salts work best on soils that are...

Slightly deficient in magnesium

Alkaline (show high pH) as in western areas

Old, "weathered," and acidic (with low pH) soils of the Southeast and Pacific Northwest

High in calcium and potassium (western soils)
Copyright 2000, National Gardening Association. All rights reserved.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/fertilizeepsomsalts

flowers drop too in hot humid equatorial malaysia just a bout 4 degrees above the equator....mine did though in semi shade...direct exposure to the sun here is pretty risky

Back