• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Quick update

Charles was supposed to be able to come home today but it's doubtful because he gets out of breath just walking to the bathroom and back to the bed. I think he will need his lung function checked again. Before he went to hospital he was working and only using oxygen at night or if he overdid it. Now he has it 24 hours a day. So we'll see what happens today. Hate to be pessimistic but I think his working is over. He'll have to stay home and raise peppers with me. It's ok if he can't work. He will not like it but we'll get by. I'd rather have him home and alive than the alternative. Just a reminder not to take anything for granted, it can change in an instant.

Hope all works out for the health of both of you, for most times one's is hinged on the other. Raising peppers isn't all that bad :dance:

Thanks for your wishes everyone. Charles is home, sore but getting better. The dogs went crazy when he came in, if he ever doubted he was loved they showed him just how much. They can't figure out where he went for a week.

Prayers Jackie...they help...and you and Charles are in mine nightly...

Update long overdue..Charles is slowly recovering. His nutrition was down so now he has to have 6 small meals a day instead of 3 larger ones. He will have a ct scan Apr 14th, then removal of the mass( whatever it is) on Apr 21st. He's not out of the woods yet but once we know what it is we can go from there. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. Even if I am not here every day I check in often to see how you all are doing. My planting this year is behind due to these unexpected happenings but I'm planting what I can, may end up buying some plants. If so no biggie, will do what we have to this year and go from there. All the grow lists just leave me wanting to ask for seeds but I'll wait, you know how that goes,want those new peppers. Thanks to all my friends.

Prayers for you and your family Jackie.

If you need a couple of plants let me know, I would be happy to ship a couple to you. Just say the word.

Back