• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Quotes of Interest...

This has stuck in my head now for about 20 years. I bear witness.

Booking officer to older grossly intoxicated woman: "Ma'm what's your name?"

"What?" says the woman.

"What's your name?"  He asks again

"What?" The woman stammers.

Frustrated, the booking officer asks more loudly and slowly "Ma'm what's your name? What's your whole name?"

She laughs hysterically.

"What's so damn funny?" The agitated booking officer asks.

The woman replies and I quote - "I never gave my hole a name!"    - Drunk woman Charleston County jail late 1990's

PtMD989 said:
Those were from my Dad, Im sure he wasnt the first to say them. Back in his day he could fix anything [emoji16]
Your Dad and mine must have been related in another life. Mine was a jack of all trades and master of all he attempted. And could grow just about anything. And always had some crazy mad scientist experiment going on in the garden. Here's a few of his favorites:

Life is short. Eat dessert first.

There's the easy way and the hard way. What's it gonna be?

If it's a problem, there's a solution. Otherwise, you don't have a problem.

To be effective; one should thoroughly analyze the situation, foresee any problems, and have solutions ready before the problems occur.

However, when you are up to your ass in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself the objective was to drain the swamp.

The Mothers of Invention, from the album Lumpy Gravy:

Everything in the universe is made of one element, which is a note, a single note. Atoms are really vibrations, you know, which are extensions of THE BIG NOTE, everything's one note.

Back