• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

quoting the quotes

I've noticed on this forum that theres some people here that are just quote crazy :(
I mean really what is the point of requoting someone that JUST posted 1 or 2 posts before you ? or requoting posts with pics, I mean how many pictures do you really need of the same pictures in the same thread ?

its not like you cant just scroll back up to reread their quote (if not seeing the post right next to the other post thats requoting them)if by chance you somehow forgot what they just post, I know after you read 1 or 2 posts you could somehow forget what someone said in just a couple posts :P

& its not like they'll be deleteing the post anytime soon,unless its in a threatening manner, which then you requote them.
IMO why not just address them (by putting their name in the begining of your post) if you plan on answering their question or ?

the picture thing is for dialup users, really WTF is the point of having several pictures of the same pictures in the same thread ? as for the requoting craze :mad:

I'm sorry but I just had to say it, I just find it funny/crazy/stupid - take your pick.

It's so you know who they are replying to, or what part of the post they are replying to.

I think some judicious snipping of posts is good netiquette, but so is leaving enough text so everyone knows to what and whom you're replying.

I'm on dial-up, too, chilehunter, so I understand your frustration, but I also think that quoting makes for clearer communication sometimes. Of course, I'm a Usenet junkie, too, so I get rather anal about proper snipping and attributes.

chilehunter said:
I've noticed on this forum that theres some people here that are just quote crazy :rolleyes:
I mean really what is the point of requoting someone that JUST posted 1 or 2 posts before you ? or requoting posts with pics, I mean how many pictures do you really need of the same pictures in the same thread ?

its not like you cant just scroll back up to reread their quote (if not seeing the post right next to the other post thats requoting them)if by chance you somehow forgot what they just post, I know after you read 1 or 2 posts you could somehow forget what someone said in just a couple posts :rolleyes:

& its not like they'll be deleteing the post anytime soon,unless its in a threatening manner, which then you requote them.
IMO why not just address them (by putting their name in the begining of your post) if you plan on answering their question or ?

the picture thing is for dialup users, really WTF is the point of having several pictures of the same pictures in the same thread ? as for the requoting craze :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but I just had to say it, I just find it funny/crazy/stupid - take your pick.

Pam said:
I think some judicious snipping of posts is good netiquette, but so is leaving enough text so everyone knows to what and whom you're replying.

I'm on dial-up, too, chilehunter, so I understand your frustration, but I also think that quoting makes for clearer communication sometimes. Of course, I'm a Usenet junkie, too, so I get rather anal about proper snipping and attributes.

What's all this about quoting being annoying??

Haha... had too.

:onfire:

i've seen a thread just like this on an arachnid forum...i don't mind the quoting really, but i do see your point. also, i try to only quote people if it wasn't the last post, or i try to cut it down to the part of their post i'm responding to.

sometimes i'll even not quote at all and just type something like:

person a - response to you

person b - response to you

We should probably notify the list police....oh, wait, there he is.....

constabl.jpg

Ya, the quoting pictures can be annoying (especially since it wastes the picture host's bandwith)...but otherwise, I feel quoing makes easier reading.

the requoting quotes is not all that bad vs multi pics of the same pics in the same thread, for dialup users its hell, & some are all within in the first 5 posts :lol:

as replying to certain people, I dont know about you but I can figure out who people are talking too just by what they're saying, I mean are you implying that people here are too stupid they cant remember what someone said 1-2 post before the "so called requoting post" or what the person is saying or meaning in reply to another persons post.
or even when theres only 2-3 people involved in a certain thread yet a person will requote them in sevarl posts, like the person they're talking to dont know you're talking to them.

I'm not trying to ruffel any feathers but dam sometimes its just crazy & no need for it. well you guys better requote me on this when you post because someone might forget what I just said.

chilehunter said:
as replying to certain people, I dont know about you but I can figure out who people are talking too just by what they're saying, I mean are you implying that people here are too stupid they cant remember what someone said 1-2 post before the "so called requoting post" or what the person is saying or meaning in reply to another persons post.

Hello? Natural blonde here! I do well to remember to drink the glass of water I just got from the kitchen.

I'm not trying to ruffel any feathers but dam sometimes its just crazy & no need for it. well you guys better requote me on this when you post because someone might forget what I just said.

Everybody has posting peeves. I hate smilies and loath the animated ones like those used here. I'm in a honkin' huge minority on that one though, as in bailing out the Titanic with a teacup sort of minority. So I just learn to live with 'em and am smugly superior to you nose pickin', mouth breathing smilie users here in the privacy of my own home.

Pam said:
Hello? Natural blonde here! I do well to remember to drink the glass of water I just got from the kitchen.
Hello? Natural blonde, ADHD, stoner here! What.....what was I doing? Oh! Look a firetruck!

: runs off :

Someone quote a bunch of animated smilies! Just kidding.

Back