• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Raelaceae GLOG 16-17 - Victoria, Australia

Hey all,

Thought I'd start a belated GLOG and share some pics.

It's been a bit of a challenge as I've moved TWICE since the start of the season. Though, managed to get some plants in the ground. Despite losing many a tag in the process.

:onfire: 

Amish Bush
Hot Beads
Hot Beads x ?
Jalapeno
Super Chilli
African Bird's Eye (Piri Piri)
Prik Kariang
Shima Togarashii
Bahamian Goat
Chocolate Bhutlah SM
Chocolate Bhutlah 
Carolina Reaper HP22B
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot Jonah Yellow
7 Pot Jonah
Scotch Bonnet Yellow, Red
Trinidad Scorpion Original Strain
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Blend Chocolate (JR)
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Brown (PL)
Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow
Urubu Wild Brazil
Rocoto 

stickman said:
If you have a quantity of red-ripe Jalapenos you might want to smoke them and make Chipotles en Adobo. I made some with mine last year and canned them up in jars. It's really tasty... better homemade than the store-bought stuff, and very versatile. This is the recipe I used...

https://patijinich.com/recipe/chipotle_chiles_in_adobo_sauce-2/

Thanks, Rick. I think I should! That looks killer. We have very little in the way of chipotle here. We have efff all in the way of smoked goods full stop, actually. Australia is well behind on that front.
I have quite a few left. I used some in a pickle with some wild brazil's, bonnets, onion, garlic and carrot, which is settling in the cupboard. I must resist.

Somehow, someway, I am still pulling full size pods. Thank you, autumn!

The productivity of the TSMC X ? has been killer. I love this plant.Still tastes like strawberry, still blazing hot. Amazingly, I have 4 plants showing variations on this type.

Pheno 1
DSC_0974_zpsxt6ctlmk.jpg

DSC_0978_zpsyxv2tbs6.jpg

Lil' Harvest
DSC_0976_zpsxsxodagj.jpg

Hot Beads
Hot Beads x Unknown 1
Hot Beads x Unknown 2 
Urubu Wild Brazil
Trinidad Scorpion X Habanero
Trini Scorp CARDI
7 Pot Jonah
TSMC X Unknown

DSC_0973_zpszlvdpjgg.jpg

Indoor is just about ready to go.

Nice late-season haul Rael! I bet they'll make a great powder blend or pepper mash. Is the pic of the plant with the unripe pods the TSMC cross? Looking at the luminescent green of the pods puts me in mind of the Naga King which is also fruity and very hot!

RaelThomas said:

Thanks, Rick. I think I should! That looks killer. We have very little in the way of chipotle here. We have efff all in the way of smoked goods full stop, actually. Australia is well behind on that front.
I have quite a few left. I used some in a pickle with some wild brazil's, bonnets, onion, garlic and carrot, which is settling in the cupboard. I must resist.
well its time to lead the heat !     :party:   Great looking grow my friend !  

I'm loving your harvest pix - gives me something to hold
on to through the cold, dismal PNW Spring.  Good luck
winding down your grow and getting the indoor unit up
and running - enjoy those pods!

Thanks guys!

stickman said:
Nice late-season haul Rael! I bet they'll make a great powder blend or pepper mash. Is the pic of the plant with the unripe pods the TSMC cross? Looking at the luminescent green of the pods puts me in mind of the Naga King which is also fruity and very hot!
It is indeed. They have that almost white colour when unripe. Quite small plants compared to my others but loaded up with pods!

Back