• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

rainbowberry

everyone, thanks for the complements.

RB - my omni's stayed that basic yellowish with purple tint for along time, they only started to change colors to orange/red later in the season. I also plan on overwintering most of my plants cut'em back & wash the plants & put in new clean potting soil so no bugs & hope for the best as for which ones survive.

talas - your plants are looking good, watchout the pods of the "purple tiger" are really nasty tasting!
I wonder if anyone does anything with those pods ? I might just throw them away :think:

Chiliac said:
Hmm, looks great. I always give my mother a nice ornamental plant each year, this'd be a great candidate for next year! Those multicolored pods look just great!

the omnicolor is a good looking plant, the taste is a good medium/hot heat & a good tasting clean heat.

I showed this off in another thread but I'm showing off cuz they look cool :)

black pearl

DSCF1710.jpg

chilehunter said:
everyone, thanks for the complements.

RB - my omni's stayed that basic yellowish with purple tint for along time, they only started to change colors to orange/red later in the season. I also plan on overwintering most of my plants cut'em back & wash the plants & put in new clean potting soil so no bugs & hope for the best as for which ones survive.

talas - your plants are looking good, watchout the pods of the "purple tiger" are really nasty tasting!
I wonder if anyone does anything with those pods ? I might just throw them away :think:

the omnicolor is a good looking plant, the taste is a good medium/hot heat & a good tasting clean heat.

I showed this off in another thread but I'm showing off cuz they look cool :)

black pearl

DSCF1710.jpg

Lovely looking plant there Chilehunter should have grown that one :rolleyes:

Hi there,
I already grown a purple tiger and a variegata but are not the same imho.

This is my purple tiger
post-50-1212773085.jpg

post-50-1212773104.jpg

And this is my variegata
variegata.jpg

variegata1.jpg

All the pics are old but u can see that are different!

Vito

Indeed you are right my friend some nice person has sent me the same seed for both variety's..Because mine are identical..:rolleyes:

Bello vedere voi, qui il mio amico ;)

mammoccio - I really dont know if they are 2 different types or if they're the same. I was just going off another website as to what they call them & if they're known as anything else (AKA)

but I do think you're splitting hairs, just like as some say devils tongue & fatalii are close to being the same chile but are different just by a hair. or any other type of chiles that are basically the same but with small differences.

your pictures of the purple tiger has some white liquid all over everything.
your purple tiger has more dark green leaves & purpleish stems, while your variegata has light green leaves & more white spots.

while mine kinda has both - dark green leaves,purple stems, with white & purple on the leaves.

call it whatever you want, they're still cool looking plants!

Back