• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

ramble alert!!!

well for my 1 thousand post i would do someting a little different. this has been a realy bad week...alot of stuff going on so i just needed to kinda vent a little. Sunday i got a call from a good friend..him and his wife are talking divorce i think the world of both of them so its hitting hard. chili wise i have not qualified to cook in texas yet...i got 6 points need 9 with 3 cook offs to go so i got to place in all 3 or hit a top spot to go this year.....its not looking good. july they are having pod elections and i have had several people wanting me to be president again but im getting some opposition from some of the members so i have no idea if i want to put my name in the pot again or let it go??? my son got all of his wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and yall that have kids know when your kids hurt you hurt but he will get better.. on a better note the seeds that i got and gave to my mom are growing..i saw them yesterday and hopefully soon i will have some nice peppers to grill. as it pertains to the board i appreciate all the ones that sent product for the epilepsy foundation to raise funds....that was so nice of yall. i always enjoy comming to this forum and reading all the posts and learning about plants and hot sauces and i appreciate the ability to post upcomming chili events and posting results. thanks again guys and gals...tonight for the 1 thousand post im gonna have to cook and eat someting hot...lol:mouthonfire:

well..kind of a downer of a 1000th post..but i hope all that stuff works out for the best. enjoy whatever spicy ass food you're going to make. hopefully the burn will be strong enough to take your mind off some of the other troubles..at least while you enjoy the pain. ;)

xgrafcorex said:
well..kind of a downer of a 1000th post..but i hope all that stuff works out for the best. enjoy whatever spicy ass food you're going to make. hopefully the burn will be strong enough to take your mind off some of the other troubles..at least while you enjoy the pain. ;)

i tried to bring it up at the end.;)

Have a few beers to go with it, bro. Hope everything gets better for ya. Oh, yeah, and here's the secret handshake....remember it well:lol:

A few other people lost some on their post count as well, Sickmont for sure because he went over 1000 then back under. Maybe a thread got deleted?

bubbaschili said:
well this is strange?? my 1000th post was the long drawn out stuff above now im down to 9 hundred something??

It's 'cause we want you to post more and were afraid if you had your 1000, you'd rest on your laurels.

bubbaschili said:
well this is strange?? my 1000th post was the long drawn out stuff above now im down to 9 hundred something??

It's like getting to turn 21 all over again. Post on Big Bubs!

The good news about this week is it will end and next week you stat anew.

chiliman i got some bad news for ya....they had elections at the back yard cook off and they voted me in again for great pepper. im sorry to tell you you got another year of me as great pepper.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news on a usual upbeat board.

Back