• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Rats and mold destroyed my seeds :(

Hey all -

Long time lurker and unfortunately some crappy circumstances have cause me to post my first post.
Last fall we had some water damage in our basement so we moved a bunch of boxes to storage. In those boxes was some rare heirloom tomato seeds and ALL of my Bhut, hab and scorpion seeds!!! :(
Rats or mice chewed the seed packs and then mold, and dampness finished them off!
I can replace the tomatoe seeds but not my prized hot peppers!!!
Would any of you have any ridiculously hot pepper seeds that I could buy? I don't need a ton, I am just trying to replace my stash of hot peppers. I got my Bhuts from NMSU, and the others had been gleaned from various contacts. I am very curious about the 7 pot (or 7 POD).

Thank you SO much in advance!!!

Kimberly Brooke
you can drop me an email at my brothers email, as my PC was also a victim of the water.
donpratt1@gmail.com

let me be the first to welcome you to THP - welcome from the great land Down Under

THP needs more lady pepper growers - get your friends to sign up as there is almost as much testosterone as there is capsaicin on these boards!

hope those rats got burned

ps - great nic you've chosen

Hi Fire Angel and welcome to the THP.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can come up with a few seeds for ya. Some Bhut's from the CPI at NMSU, Red Savina, Chocolate Habs and maybe some more I'll have to check. Send me your address in a PM and I'll get started.

Thank you both for the warm welcome (no pun intended).
And THANK YOU Patrick for the offer... look for a PM soon.

I am surprized at the lack of lady "fire eaters" as they do say woman can stand pain better than you boys ;)

I started on Jalapenos when I was in elementary school. My babysitter was a mexican migrant farm workers wife that had kids my age and they all ate spicy food. I just thought everyone liked food that hurt :)

Thanks again guys!

KB

Greetings!

Bummer to hear about your seeds and all...:(
I don't have much of anything to share, but I'm sure others will help ya out. Good to see a gal who likes firey stuff too. :-)

Have a Merry Christmas and TC!

-QS

Fire Angel said:
I am very curious about the 7 pot (or 7 POD).

Howdy from Melbourne.

I'm growing 7 pots, along with Trinidad Scorpions. The season is just gearing up here in Australia, I've already harvested 2 - 3 7 pots, not as hot as the Bhut's in my opinion, but the weather has been a little coolish here compared to normal.

If you wish, when I return home from holidays, I can send you some seeds from both. But, if you wish to wait a little longer, I can probably send you Bhut's, Chocolate Bhut's, Choc Hab's, Red Savina Hab's and anything else you may be keen on.

The generosity of people on here never ceases, and I've been helped out before, so now time to return the favour.

Welcome from Lake Constance, Germany!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened. Maybe you should look up the following thread:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=5366
AJ started a seed package traveling the States for sharing seeds. It is the second round of it as far as I know. It is a big crowd already and they have about all the interesting varieties in their package. They require 100 posts on THP for joining. So get started!;)

Hello Fire Angel,

Really glad to have you here at THP. Like everyone has said we treat our female fire eating friends like gods. Sorry to hear of the rats but maybe it was a blessing that brought you to us. Hope you like it here and become an active member of THP. I got hit by rats already this year myself so I feel for you. Send me a pm with your addressd and I'll be happy to send you all the hot seed you requested. See my photobucket account below for pics. Really hope you plan becoming an member and just not looking for easy seed.

HOLY MACKEREL!!!!
I just looked at all your photobucket picts, and WOW ... almost made my mouth burn!:mouthonfire:
Thank you SO much for your kindness and generosity.

Kimberly

welcome to THP.
sorry to hear about you loosing your prized chile seeds. well you're in good hands now, sounds like you'll be able to get some seed stock before the 2009 grow season starts.

Welcome from the Hunter Valley, Australia Fire Angel.
All the peeps here are great, apart from the moderator MoyBoy. He can be real nasty sometimes....hehehehe

Welcome to the forum! If you have trouble getting any of the seeds
you need PM me, I should be able to get you up and growing!

ButchT

Fire Angel,welcome from the sunshine state!I hope you have a couple acres set aside with the setup you'll get from this group!I have some extra Chile seeds,(hot,seasoning) and quite a few heirloom tomatos i can spare.Glad to send a list to pick from if you please.

Welcome among us Fire Angel.
I cultivate all chinenses, send me the list of the seeds that you/they serve you I will see if I can satisfy you

Not trying to mess with the thread, but NEGRITO I was wondering what the name of the variety you used in your avatar is called?

Cute, likes hot peppers, and lives on a farm?!?!

: swoon :

Passow welcomes you. Sorry to hear about the loss of the peppers...and computer.

Back