REALLY OBAMA???????REALLY??????

The most powerful man in the free world, who can fly to another country on a whim for dinner will have..............

a BUD LIGHT??????

Geez!!and to think I voted for him......(;))

cheezydemon said:
The most powerful man in the free world, who can fly to another country on a whim for dinner will have..............

a BUD LIGHT??????

Geez!!and to think I voted for him......(;))

Having an imported beer in this situation for him would be the same as being the CEO of Ford and driving a Dodge. Thats really not a good way to be seen.

Sickmont said:
Having an imported beer in this situation for him would be the same as being the CEO of Ford and driving a Dodge. Thats really not a good way to be seen.

There are American craft beers that rival the very best of the Trappist ales.
Really, if you get away from the unholy triumvirate of BudMillerCoors, Americans brew some of the finest beers on the planet.

Which is funny because my german friends enjoy a budweiser every now and then. But they dislike a lot of "craft" beers here (I would assume they'd have the same dislike of american craft beers because they are of comparable quality imho).

Strange to me because I think german's brew some amazing beers.

As Sickmont said, he's sending a message with his choice of a popular American beer but also with choosing a light beer. I bet he drinks differently when he's not being looked at by everyone

Rogue, Stone, just to name a few.

But I do understand that he wants to look like "one of the guys" to the (forgive me) Bud Lite swilling blue collar crowd.

I hate generalizations, but I can't think of a better way to put that.

I don't think he had a choice, the event where he was at probably didn't have a very good beer selection. But this speaks volumes as to how well along the Craft Beer movement is when people freak out about the president drinking crappy beer.

I wonder what he will be drinking tonight for this event?

Obama is going to a have a beer — that all-American bonding gesture — with the two men he joined last week at the center of an uproar over race in America: Henry Louis Gates Jr., a Harvard professor who is black, and James Crowley, a Cambridge, Mass. police sergeant who is white.

I wonder if he knows it's not American.

rds040800 said:

Obama is going to a have a beer — that all-American bonding gesture — with the two men he joined last week at the center of an uproar over race in America: Henry Louis Gates Jr., a Harvard professor who is black, and James Crowley, a Cambridge, Mass. police sergeant who is white.

A Black and Tan, duh :hell:

(sorry folks, couldn't resist)

thehotpepper.com said:

If i remember correctly, it is Belgian owned but has something to do with South America also. And Miller/Coors is South American owned. And since when was Corona part of the Budweiser family?

imaguitargod said:
I don't think he had a choice, the event where he was at probably didn't have a very good beer selection. But this speaks volumes as to how well along the Craft Beer movement is when people freak out about the president drinking crappy beer.

THE EVENT IS A PLANNED EVENT AT THE WHITEHOUSE WHERE HE GOT TO SELECT HIS BEVERAGE 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE.......;)

rds040800 said:

THE FARGING BUD LIGHT IS WHAT HE IS DRINKING AT THIS EVENT TONIGHT!!!!.:rolleyes:

thehotpepper.com said:

THAT..is truelly the funniest thing about this.;)

Only at the White House can you have someone who was arrested, and the cop who arrested him, together drinking beer trying to cool racial tensions. This would not work in the normal world, at least not where I am from.

I wonder if this will be televised or not, cuz from what all has been said, I would think the cop would be in for a few words from the other 2 that will be present.

Back