REALLY OBAMA???????REALLY??????

There was probably a committee of 10 ppl selecting the beer for the "event".

And how "normal" to bud drinking blue collar workers is 4 guys in suits anyways?

It wasn't 4 BL's, there was a Blue Moon and a Red Stripe.

Heh, here's some more infos...

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/30/obamas-beer-summit-begins/

0730_obama_89523493.jpg

BEERS:

Obama -- Bud Light
Biden -- Bucklers
Gates -- Sam Adams Light
Crowley -- Blue Moon

imaguitargod said:
AGH! Frosted glasses?!?!?! Although, it's crappy beer so it'll help mask the flavor :lol:

But Bud Light is so bad that I'm afraid frosting the glass wouldn't help. I was in the duty free store yesterday and saw Bud 6 packs in bottles and not a single one was missing. :lol:

The bud light in the pic has no head.....Someone doesn't like Obama and cleaned his glass with a soapy towel....:lol:

moyboy said:
The bud light in the pic has no head.....Someone doesn't like Obama and cleaned his glass with a soapy towel....:lol:

Non of 'em gave any head..how diplomacy happens, I dont know...

;)

Buckler Biden -- when you really dont wanna be there drink Buckler -- would have been good to see them with glossy eyes and a "I love you Mannnnnnnn...."

millworkman said:
I would have preferred a Yuengling...

I never had Yuengling until I moved to Florida. For some reason which I can't explain know they don't sell it in MA(I grew up in Boston). The other places I've lived(Netherlands, Czech Republic, Arizona, Nevada, California) don't have it either. Now that I'm familiar with it, I have to say it's the best cheap beer available in the US. It's the same price as Bud Light, which from my observation at bars seems to be by far the best selling beer around, and unlike BL, tastes like beer! Granted there's plenty of better brews out there, but it's more than drinkable.

The US IMO makes the best beer in the world when you get into the craft brews. I don't know if it's just gotten bigger over the years or if I was just too stubborn to admit there's good American beer when I was younger.

Right now I'm drinking a Sierra Nevada Summerfest. My roommate brought some and gave me one. It's far from the best, but it's definitely a good summer beer, very refreshing. Tastes like a little lemon would go great with it, too bad I used the last of my lemon on the fish I made for dinner.

I'm drinking Summerfest tonight too. Been buying it all summer since it's so hot. Definitely nice and refreshing.

Isn't it though? Very appropriate for a summer seasonal, ended up buying a sixer today to have in the fridge. I haven't had one in years but Sam Summer Ale is tasty as well, but not as refreshing as the Sierra IMO. And I love Grains of Paradise. I can't identify the flavor on its own but I love the name.

Brother in law went to Sierra Nevada brewry and brought home a bunch of stuff and I must say I was not impressed.

Back