Recommend a Can Opener please.

salsalady said:

I think my parents called this a John  Wayne.  Mom had one on her key chain.....Why?  I dunno! 

Why? Cause it was easy and kept it handy!

81GsOiH%2BUyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

salsalady said:
I think my parents called this a John  Wayne.  Mom had one on her key chain.....Why?  I dunno!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

But when would a person randomly need a can opener when not at home or with all your camping gear?

Flashlight, yea, I get that.
But can opener???? :shrug:

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

OK BOOMER!

(jk... because I thought SL just said it lol)

salsalady said:
Oh, Boom! Yes for the bottle opener more than the can opener!

I was gonna post the P38 or P51 as a joke :lol:     :seeya:  though they do seem to last and work forever  :think:

how about the FRED from down-unda...
1024px-ADF_Can_Opener.jpg
 it even comes with a Spoon !
"F-  :censored: Ridiculous Eating Device" or  "Field Ration Eating Device"
seems to be an improvement on our 1942 issued P38 can opener 
220px-P38Caliper.jpg

" United States Army sources indicate that the origin of the name is rooted in the 38 punctures around the circumference of a C-ration can required for opening.[SIZE=11.2px]"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11.2px] :cheers: [/SIZE]

salsalady said:
I've had a couple of large crank style openers that work good on large and small cans.  I'm not sure of the exact brand I have, I think it is the Swing-away.  I like the longer crank handle, hands are getting weak and arthritic, this style is still pretty easy to operate.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/swing-a-way-large-crank-can-opener-easy-crank/3276090.html

If you have a place to mount it, this style is pretty hardy-
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/garde-com1bst-heavy-duty-10-manual-can-opener-with-plated-steel-base/181COM1BST.html
Can someone explain why there is a warning that the canopener can expose you to cancer causing elements on that webstaurant page? The hell are they making it out of.

That warning is on like every page lol. Is this the kind of, coffee might cause it so we'll alert you on every cup kind of deal?

PepperZ said:
Can someone explain why there is a warning that the canopener can expose you to cancer causing elements on that webstaurant page? The hell are they making it out of.

That warning is on like every page lol. Is this the kind of, coffee might cause it so we'll alert you on every cup kind of deal?

I don't live in CA but it appears to be state mandated warning, Proposition 65 , to let its citizens know that every product they buy can cause cancer so because they required the warning you can't sue them, the state that is (CYA ).

Back