vendor Refining fire chiles

I just received my order from Jim at Refining fire chiles, all I can say is wow! First off I ordered 10 of the Jay's peach ghost scorpion seeds thats it, when the order came in (in a very timely manner I might add) I opened the package to find not only the seeds I ordered but also a pack of red ghost scorpion seeds and a ziplock baggy full of dried red ghost scorpion chiles. This being my first order from Jim has left me with a great impression and I will definitely recommend his company to friends and be ordering from him in the future.

Thanks,
John

P.S. Those red ghost scorpions were like dried napalm!!

lol ajdrew, this thread is like 3 years old amigo

I didn't order from Jim this year but I might be doing so next year, especially since I'll be living in a subarctic region.

Helvete, I didnt notice how old it was.  But now that you pointed it out, someone joins, praises ot trashes a merchant, and then we never see them again.  There does seem to be a trend.

Here's my 3rd FB plug special from Jim (4th on the way lol). Everything looks good as usual considering their coast to coast trip in a small box. Jim has got some really great varieties that I've never heard of before. Loving his FB specials.

5.31.15 Garden,Misc 059.JPG

5.31.15 Garden,Misc 058.JPG

Scorched said:
Here's my 3rd FB plug special from Jim (4th on the way lol). Everything looks good as usual considering their coast to coast trip in a small box. Jim has got some really great varieties that I've never heard of before. Loving his FB specials.

attachicon.gif
5.31.15 Garden,Misc 059.JPG
attachicon.gif
5.31.15 Garden,Misc 058.JPG
my space plants from them are doing awesome....all of my 7 pots are runts i think, every plant in my "garden" is doing well except all the 7 pots...maybe they will make a comeback and surprise me but not looking very good :(

ajdrew said:
I frigging LOVE the way he marks the plugs with a plant marker.  Damn fine idea.
My only small complaint is I wish he would provide two of each label. There's two of each plant but only one plant label. Not a big deal I just write the other one on a popsicle stick but the writing tends to wear off.

Use a sharpie.  I use the jumbo craft sticks.  The sharpie writing lasts longer than the wood, which rots and falls over after a few months outdoors.  More mulch.

Fourth FB bare root plug special from Jim. Very satisfied yet again.

In all my pics I realize the plants may look a bit yellow but I think that's just from the flash because I'm always shooting in a low light area. Most times they do need a drink but seeing as they travel from coast to coast in a small box that's to be expected. After a couple days readjusting they look great.

From left to right: Pimenta Moranga Cross Red, Pimenta Moranga Cross Purple, 7 Pot Wes, Moruga Chocolate, Naglah

6.4.15 Duffy 009.JPG

Scorched said:

One he posted last week. Sold out in 24 hrs. For some reason he doesn't post them on his FB page all the time. He always posts his specials in the Chiliheads group though
I missed that one.waiting to see the next one.....

Scorched said:

One he posted last week. Sold out in 24 hrs. For some reason he doesn't post them on his FB page all the time. He always posts his specials in the Chiliheads group though
Tony, is this a closed group?  I am having problems finding it on FB.  I found "Chili Heads" and "Chile heads" but not the one you are mentioning...  Thanks!

I've been buying plants from Jim for years. Whenever the Butch T became the formal record holder, that was my first year. I had 2 scorpion plants that looked like hybrids that first year, but apart from that, every single plant has been true and grew fine. I too just got one of the FB specials. I was happy with mine. They were smaller than what I get from him, but he calls those " bare root" plants but they had a great little root system, and the best part is, they are half the regular price, or less. I have seen the way he talks about some people, and he is certainly not politically correct, but in many cases he is just reacting to someone who goes out of their way to try and hurt his name or his business, which he is very protective of. Tom

Just placed another seed order with Jim this weekend and received it today!
As always, the seeds came in a bubble wrap lined envelope and look to be in excellent condition.
I decided that I ought to get MoA Scotch Bonnet seeds from multiple sources and see which ones grow closest to an archetype in my garden, and Jim has them available.
Also wanted to try his TFM bonnets too!

This was my first seed order from Jim. I had ordered 5 or 6 of his FB plant specials last summer but this was the first for seeds. Some great new stuff up on his site. Ordering process was smooth and simple. Shipping was super quick. Seeds were in great condition. Being my first seed order, Jim doubled the entire order. Very awesome.

12.2.15 Last Harvest and Seeds 028.JPG

Ordered one of Jim's Facebook specials last week.
I am very pleased with their condition considering the cross country trip.

Attachments

• IMG_20160409_140139710.jpg
    IMG_20160409_140139710.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20160409_141641367.jpg
    IMG_20160409_141641367.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 85
Back