• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Reimers Conducting SHU Tests

I gave them one last chance this year and they wasted it. Poor germination rates are not acceptable from a "big" company. but we all know about them by now, for the most part.

Ugh, they can't even get customer service, naming the seeds, or even getting decents seeds right. How the hell do they think their going to get accurate SHU tests? What a joke.

imaguitargod said:
Ugh, they can't even get customer service, naming the seeds, or even getting decents seeds right. How the hell do they think their going to get accurate SHU tests? What a joke.

To the newb it's candy and i can't blame them. I mean hey we all know they could be the best in the world if they handled buisiness right, but they still make money. A lot I imagine and this will add to it.

Basically I'm saying they're like the Petsmart or Petco of Gardening seeds. Newbies think it's heaven, but anyone who knows realizes their livestock is unhealthy most of the time. as cheap as some things seem they're riculously overpriced. And when you learn about your new hobby you completely forget the fact they even exist.

are they testing stuff grown from their own seed stock? if so hell knows what conflicting results they will come up with!

I remember I thought I was getting some nice new varities from them about 4 years ago. Well, After I spent far too much on thier crap, I found out that they were some of the worst.
Kinda strange at how they can stay going.
I'm going to try to remember to check back and see what their SHU results are.

I bought from them once then yall made me smart.To them SHU is really sorry,harmless and useless! bye!!!!

I doubt they are doing their own testing but rather hiring it out. They said they're going to use High Performance Liquid Chromatography testing and that's the current top of the line way to get it done. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt on this and wait to see the results.

Good question about who's seed/peppers they're using, maybe I'll ask.

I'm quite sure all their current tests are at least 5 years old, and they want dummies to pay to see their results

POTAWIE said:
I'm quite sure all their current tests are at least 5 years old, and they want dummies to pay to see their results

What makes you sure of that? Have they done this before?

Ya, they've always had test results(5 or so different lists ) that you could purchase from them. I'm not sure if they are doing new tests now or if this is just part of their updated look, but I wouldn't trust Reimers for anything!

Testing :)

The HPLC is something I am saving hard for. All up I will probably need a lazy $20-25,000 for a you beaut set up. All tests will be done by the gold standard method for pod comparisons. For sauces I think I will stick to going by wet weight comparisons as opposed to dry weight which is the proper pod method. One of the reasons that the Savinas etc seem to "disappoint" when eaten whole compared to their official scoville rating is that they have a much higher water content. So when dried they "concentrate" much more than alot of others which have high solids. As I am sure you will agree there will be cheats trying to artificially boost the results so all results will be "For the sample submitted only". For serious peeps such as your good self a number of pods should be submitted to get a better guage of the plants heat values. We will be able to test a few of the fables going around about how to boost da HOT, Ya cannae argue with truth and reality

um some1 is getting 1 Here in Oz i believe (think im allowed to use this as not say whom) and Fully Accredited.

YAY

Back