• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Remember When...

I remember only 4 channels.  Beer with pull ring tabs.  The first car phones (like backpacks!).  When having Big League Chew could increase your popularity points by a significant margin.  Banana seat bikes.  Blatz beer.  Manual transmission trucks with the shift knob on the column.  Max headroom!

Remember when the Boyscouts wanted you to have a snake bite kit. The ones where you cutt an X with a razor blade and suck out the poison?

remember when your mom denied you crystal pepsi because it was "just sugar water"? but oh no, in your heart you knew it wasnt just sugar water, it was something special.

Remember when Tonka trucks were made of high quality steel? Remember when you could roam the neighborhood, riding bikes with your friends at 8 years old and your parents WOULDN'T get arrested for child endangerment? Matter of fact, Nobody would even think of calling the cops on you, because it was normal! Remember riding in the back of dad's/grandpa's/uncle's pickup truck to go fishing?

Remember never wearing a seatbelt or bike helmet or pretty much any safety gear for anything ever? Good times.

Remember camp back in the day when we had fishing, archery & (gasp!) rifle safety? 8-9-10 year old kids disassembling, cleaning, reassembling and shooting .22's. Good times.

Remember when it was cool to play "army"? We'd all make our guns out of dad's scrap wood.... we'd tape together nails to make throwing stars.... we'd make a bow and arrow with nails taped to the front of the dowel rod arrow so it would stick in the fence.... felony charges for kids today, I'm sure.

lol.... reminds me of something else we used to do... cut the nock and broadhead insert off of an aluminum arrow shaft so it was hollow, then we'd make blow gun darts out of stick pins and thread... the thread would be the fletching.... worked great!!!!!

Back