• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Remember When...

when we moved to Pensacola in 1957, the neighborhood we moved into had 17 boys and 5 girls between the ages of 8 and 11 that all lived on 3 streets that were about 3/16 mile long...talk about a blast...

the gentleman posting about playing army...you got that right...us kids didn't let anything go on in the neighborhood we didn't know about...we were the "Whispering Pines Guard"

Remember the trifecta of tv Happy days, Laverne and Shirley and threes company? CIgarette lighters in cars smoking in an office restaurant, anywhere for that matter. Riding to the top of the street with my Huffy to get my mom a pack of smokes and matches. All that hair in playboy  :shocked: the whole neighborhood playing hide and seek in everyones back yards 

frydad4 said:
LOL!!

Remember when you got your first Trapper Keeper?
LOL yeah and a denim 3 ring notebook - and then proceeded to draw Zoso and other crap on it
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
And real boobs/no silicone. :woohoo:

Btw, my 2012 has a cigarette lighter...but no ashtray. :doh:
thats to charge your phone or GPS now or the kids bitch when my wife smokes - LOL

PexPeppers said:
Remember when you had to pick up a new spitoon for yer pub but the black smith was out of town, and then your horse got shot?
No, and neither do you.
:rofl:

Remember when Reagan got shot & everyone got let out of school early and we were all like :woohoo: but our parents were all like :(?

sp33d said:
Remember when your Father could spank your ass if you acted a fool, now days kids can act any way they want...
Heck yeah! I even got the 3ft x 6'' paddle with holes drilled in it to lessen the drag from the Vice Principle at school for fighting. Ok son grab your ankles! They did not have to surround the schools with 8 ft fences and armed security back then.

Remember when folks had respect for each other?
Remember the time before "indoctrination"  and you actually "thought" on your own?

Believe it or don't, bassackwards Kansas still has this . . .

OhioHeat said:
Remember when....There was 2 types of beer alcohol levels ...6% and 3.2%(horse piss...lol) ...different age buying levels too.

( I could do this all week long...hahaha )
Oh, and mine is, Remember when pull tabs actually pulled off the can? - oops someone already mentioned that one.
Remember when you had to buy another Eagles or Doobie Brother's Greatest Hits 8-track tape because you wore out the first two?

Back