beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

RocketMan said:
BTW, how's that infused Rum stand on its own?

The US 05 that you use a lot of, it's a dry yeast and I've been looking for a dry ale yeast that I can keep around. Is it comparable to a California Ale yeast?

Wheebz, did you find malted Spelt or use un-malted Spelt?
If I could only have one yeast ... it would be the 05 ...

I never had an outdoor vent until our last house. I'll never ha a recirculated vent again. Fumes and the heat leaving are great.

The cloudy beer with finings from the bottom of the secondary keg, in the jar, temp corrected to 1.025 ...

71b7a6a77eeb2ca3817abad1998cf945.jpg

It was much cloudier than the beer, such that you couldn't even see the meter in solution ...

Meanwhile, I drank a glass, and I'm quite pleased ... both in taste, and heft! :drunk:

I think I'm actually *MORE* interested in the BrewDown submission to evaluate my tasting, than my success or not brewing ...

I've never made a SMaSH, a golden stout, a Kolsch, or a NEIPA ... so there will be hits and misses, certainly ...

What I really wonder, is if I'm tasting beers like well, or, accurately ...

With Danielle not drinking my beer, I don't really describe it fully, well, ever, so that'll be interesting too ...

Tonight, latenight, I'll look at Wheebz tasting notes from BD1 to see the categorical points of interest, and then see if I can't describe my BD2 beer and post it here for fun =)

I thought I saw someone said this one didn't have a style per se ...

I don't read the style guidelines, so that'll be interesting going forward ...

739ba4dd0d22dc10f5b4d9bc2ddd6f30.jpg

0b3510e63225d4f6d31cbaceb2b09ed6.jpg

Going to risk it being a bit too subtle, albeity very tasty, and not continue to tinker and end up ruining it ...

It drinking nicely, albeit a bit under-carbonated still ...

I'll do tasting notes tomorrow instead ...

Back