beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

Been profiling my beans the past few days ...

I'm down to the Sidamo for the coffee bean, and the last shootout will be against my original concept bean (Intelligentsia Honey Badger) espresso beans, for my Golden Stout ...

The Sidamo is heavenly with the Laird's Apple Brandy, I have to say - so I might consider a little change of plans ...

The honey badger should be nice with SK Coconut Rum ..

I have to do some rapid infusion tests in the next couple of days ...

I could say the same to you about sour beer.

But I wouldn't ... because I assume you know the space well enough to know what to slip through ...

Don't be anxious, just let it happen - wait for it.

wheebz said:
Equinox is decent, but not really trending where the current hop aroma profiles are going

I posted it because you said you like it similarly to Columbus ...

I love no hop more than Columbus so far, except for perhaps well, EKG's ...

I have some Equinox, but haven't used it yet - so I posted it there so I would be aware of it being used in recipes under a different name ...

Like Idaho 7, GoldenEye 007, Denali, and there's another name for that one too ...

I love Equinox as a sub for Columbus because you lose that onion garlic grassy flavor

however everyone is trending towards fruit forward hops nowadays

just got a contract for Idaho 7's too, for 2017-2020

wheebz said:
I love Equinox as a sub for Columbus because you lose that onion garlic grassy flavor

however everyone is trending towards fruit forward hops nowadays

I guess I like onion garlic grassy flavor ...

I truly love Columbus ... both of the OB Dale's, my Red-Eye, and I had another beer recently that I liked a lot, and when I looked online they listed Columbus as the primary hop ...

Oh, it's Trillium ... they like Columbus over there, too ...
wheebz said:

That's a big score ... that hop is probably the hottest of 'em ...

I have plenty of it, too - LOL ...

I have it as GoldenEye 007, Denali, and something -zilla ... two from '15, one from '16 ...

Getting ahead on work tonight, to ensure I can brew that Correhuela batch this weekend ...

#lairdsapplebrandy #lighttoastedcypress #ceyloncinnamon #madagascarvanilla #peruviancriolloporcelenacacaonibs #intelligentsiahoneybadgerespresso #guajillo #pasilia #ancho

Next brew day secured, work-wise, and also in terms of preparing my equipment now too ...

This is the batch I've been waiting to brew ...

67d28b6a2d1879d56237844b96d112ea.jpg

f0a924fa7a4c31f4c3240544a2d2cded.jpg

Dunk basket with 10# MO, mash, prop up and rinse grains a bit, remove grains ...

Re-load dark munich and specialty grains totally 11-20#, and mash again into same hot liquor ...

Prop and rinse again, BOOM ...

The rest is as usual ...

It's mashing two baskets of 10# grains sequentially into one batch of hot liquor, is all ...

Minimum work for through Thursday night is now complete. Two potential BrewDay's now secured.

I've got enough work done that I might change things up a bit and just go ahead and brew a three gall batch of Red-Eye IPA base tomorrow evening, using US-05, and then split it into a pair of 1.5's in the torpedo kegs for two different dry hopping regiments ...

Then I can come back for another BrewDay for Correhuela on teh weekend ...

That would put me in good shape beer-wise for ceasing to brew for a few weeks again, so I can host my BBQ contest, and to then enter the burger TD the following weekend ...

I might then look into setting up the big kettle and brewing a big-ass batch of some splits off of Wheebz stout, next, in July ...

I need to gather up the SS parts from all around my brew-room and think about setting up the game hoist ...

White Labs German Ale/ Kölsch Yeast WLP029                         <-- Just in case ;)
White Labs Irish Ale Yeast WLP004
White Labs Super High Gravity Ale Yeast WLP099
Mangrove Jack's UK Dark Ale Yeast M03
Mangrove Jack's Workhorse yeast M10
Mangrove Jack's West Coast Yeast M44

Back