• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Removing leaves

Righty then,

my first question to the wise. Some of my plants have stopped growing and the chilli's are starting to ripen. Is it worth removing the leaves below the fruits?

I try my hardest not to remove any leaves once the plants have pods, unless the plant is small or there is something wrong with the leaves like yellowing or a funny color spot, but I'm new at this so someone with more experience might have a better answer. I've also noticed wvwerywhere I remove a leaf a new branch grows, but I think that happens anyway.

I remove a lot of shaded bottom leaves, especially when potting up. I don't want anything near the soil to cause fungal problems and I think it helps with air circulation too.

POTAWIE said:
I remove a lot of shaded bottom leaves, especially when potting up. I don't want anything near the soil to cause fungal problems and I think it helps with air circulation too.

+1

POTAWIE said:

DITTO!

Back